Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Granny's old house.

So I finally set off. I had to spent a day and a half in my Grandma's old house in mumbai first which was good. I had a crash course in knitting with her. My aunt also used to be very keen on it, when she was younger so my grandma had some of her knitting stuff packed away in one of her old cupboards, which I have now inherited. All sizes of needles and some wool, so I have another thing to keep my hands busy, although at the moment, i'm really quite bad at it!! Hopefully i'll get better. Anyways, if there's one reason, why I really love my granny's house, its because its so ancient and I love looking through her old black and white photos even though they're a little faded and damaged, I think that adds to their essence. It shows how old they really are. My Grandad was quite a fan of photography like me! He used to develop the photos at home and he took good ones as well. I ofcourse went mad with my camera, initially out of boredom and then out of interest and took some photos inside the house, in her garden (where i got bitten alive by mosquitos and scared to death by two dogs which barked at me out of the blue while I was minding my own business!) and of some old photos. I'm posting some up here, you'll have to please excuse some of the rather abstract or random photos.


some shots from an old album


I captured a shot of this cat from my gran's garden. It was actually much closer but walked away when I came nearer and as I am no good with cats, it also completely ignored my attempts at calling it back so I had to keep my distance to photograph it.

This would be a random one, for some reason i like it.

No comments: