
Seems more like a decade honestly.
On the 10th June two years ago. I graduated from school!
Its not the best picture but I think its a little symbolic cause we're all sort of looking in different directions and that's where we all are now - gone in different directions. It seems God had a different plan for every single person in this photo and I have to believe that everyone is exactly where they are MEANT to be. Learning. Living. Becoming. Things change.
I'm pointing at something. There, that's where I'm going, where I'm pointing. Where is that? Well, there's something that HASN'T changed. I still don't know! :) One step at a time. One step at a time.
I thought I was very smart when I was leaving school. I thought I had it all figured out. I knew how I had to live my life. I was pretty sure of who I was going to marry. I thought my friends would be my friends forever and nothing would change.
And then you get out into the big world - the one that we'd been pretty well sheltered from and its all upside down. Your convictions are not so strong anymore and there are threats to break them down and you have work at it. Strengthen your faith. Figure out what you want. Deal with unpleasant people. Commute. Adapt. Quit being so damn dreamy all the time. Face reality. Make new friends. Open your heart to others. Share your past. Move on.
Let me tell you... Its HARD! But that's life.
I look at that picture and I miss all those people. I miss that moment of confusion when we're all waiting there with a sea of people in front of us taking photos galore freezing that moment cause its the only way we can go back.
Happy Granniversary! :)
5 comments:
oh wow. oh. wow.
just, wow.
I look excessively concerned, don't I :P chewing my fingernails.
hearts!
love you, kid.
happy gradiversary :)
It SO UNBELIEVABLE, I just saw your grad video!! And then I read this! Hah!
I honestly think this is one of the most beautiful posts you've written. It's so honest and still so nostalgic.
http://angelawyattphotography.ifp3.com/root/angelawyattphotography/iphoto/main2.cfm
They're pictures of brides in wedding dresses..VERY pretty :)
But this is better-it's her new site.
http://www.angelawyatt.com/
:)
SHOCK HORROR!!!
I'm not in the PICTURE!
Where was i?
EEEks what madness! Was I kidnapped? Or terribly overshadowed by Raph's blooming turban?
Post a Comment