Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

We(blog)

We talked about blogging in our Mass Comm(unication) class today - to my utter delight! :) I was introduced to the wonderful world of blogging just before I left school when AJ told me about his sister's blog. I checked it out, was totally enthused by the idea and the rest is... archives.

...

If you thought you'd seen the last of all my Ooty Trip photos, well you were wrong! ;) I took this one at a guest house called Brooklands in Coonoor. Pretty cool, no? I suppose it would've been nicer if that flower bud had bloomed in all its glory.
...

5 days to go!

...

Today morning I was standing by the entrance of my fast train to college and whining to God about all the things that I want (D-SLR, Laptop) and all the places I want to see (Australia, France, US, Egypt, Kashmir, and the list goes on... and on...) and all the things I want to do (get married, travel the world and take photos, work for National Geographic maybe or at least subscribe to it, have kids - not in that order, don't worry!) and then the train stopped in its tracks somewhere between Bandra and Dadar and just stood there for a minute or two, probably because the tracks were not clear and they were waiting for the green signal but anyhoo... the point is that it stopped. And it stopped at a place where I could see men bathing on the sides of the tracks, women washing clothes on a dirty rock by the side, children playing and blue tarpaulin hanging in a tent-formation over the boundary walls constituting the only shelter this harsh city can afford them and suddenly all my whining seemed almost... ridiculous.

I wonder what these people want... Enough earning that day to buy their next meal? A moment of peace and silence so that their every chore isn't done to the rhythm of the noisy passing trains? A little enclosed area so that they can bathe in privacy?

...
...

1 comment:

Sharanya said...

Yeah, J mentioned it today as well, during our post-EXAP talks. She rocks. I love her. To say the least.