Sonu and I went to watch Alice In Wonderland in 3D today. It was good. I didn't think it was BRILLIANT but then that might have something to do with the fact that the theatre that we went to (Movietime Hub, Goregaon. Be warned!) was really bad! The sound was terrible and the picture was dark so in revenge, Sonu and I messed up the theatre really nicely by dropping our caramel popcorn all over the floor!!! No, I'm kidding that was totally an accident but that's also the theatre's fault. Dude, make proper holder-thingies for the drinks and popcorn otherwise everything is just a tricky balancing act and things will go wrong! Anyway, so funny thing happened. In India (okay, not sure if this is in every city??) at the movies, we stand up for the national anthem before the film begins. It's a bizarro-cool custom and every theatre has a different video playing with the national anthem. So today, there was something wrong with the theatre and before the film started, the national anthem started playing and we promptly stood up and there was nothing but static on the screen. And then it stopped. So we all waited. And then it started again. And stopped... and then... everybody actually started singing!! Like they continued singing the national anthem because there was something wrong with the theatre's video. And it was so... strange! I mean, we're all there about to watch Alice In Wonderland with our 3D glasses and everybody randomly breaks into Jana Gana Mana...
Anyway, so that ended and some lady actually said, "Bharath Mata ki... Jai!" at the end! And we all sat down and then... it started again!! Like the theatre finally found the right tape or whatever and they played it and so we all stood... again. Such good patriotic people?
So you know... I don't know if we're good at ever bothering to stand up for anything else worthwhile in India, but we sure do know how to stand up for the National Anthem!
4 comments:
I know..that's so true.Suddenly this Indian spirit rises from nowhere.
Oh and 3D reminds me when i went to watch Avataar, people actually stood for the national anthem wearing those insanely funny glasses. Guess, they were hoping for it to be 3D too... :P
They sang? Seriously? I would've thought that everybody would've grumbled and settled into their seats.
I'm actually feeling proud about this :D
i got all senti after reading this post. also i've never seen this happen in Kolkata...is it just a Bombay thing? xxx
lol. i guess it was cool... it was just kind of strange too!
i don't know about kolkata... but i have seen in bangalore too...
Post a Comment