(photo from Duke of Ed trek)
I'm testing this blogging thing from my gmail inbox. Its ingenious if it works... When I'm up in Ooty and I get the chance to use the school computers, I likely won't be able to access blogger cause the last time I checked, the CS dept. categorized blogger in the "time-wasting" section and so you're firewalled against it! Things may have changed but if not, I can email my posts and keep you updated (those few of you who are interested! I love you!).
Anyway, I'm totally excited about going to Ooty. It is possibly my favouritest place on earth (granted, I haven't been to all that many).
For some reason, I was thinking Mrs. Dodds today... She was our awesome dorm parent for two years in Std. 10 and 11 and we used to have the BEST dorm outings every weekend. Mrs. Dodds was an english teacher - needless to say, brilliant at her job - an amazing mother to her three girls, cool wife to her uber cool biker-husband and simply one of God's best creations!
She used to take us on a lot of long walks almost every other Friday dorm meeting she would announce to us:
'We're going for a picnic tomorrow'
'Where to?'
'Somewhere in the woods'
'How are we getting there?'
'Walking, of course!'
'How long is the walk?'
'As long as a piece of string.'
She would say matter-of-factly the most vague answer you've ever heard but that's all you would get!
Of course we always enjoyed these - atleast I did. Even more so on the rare occassions that we would cycle to our picnic spot. Those were amazing. Ever tried zooming down a long downhill path after a difficult up-hill climb? Its the best feeling ever!
Tashu is going to be in Ooty as well which is GREAT! I get to see her for more than a few hours this time which makes me very happy!
I finished reading 'Infidel'. In my last post, I said it was pretty good, but I think that's an understatement... I learnt a lot and it was really good re-visiting Africa through her book and understanding a little of how things work in traditional Somali households and some of the other cultures that she experienced. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a brave woman; I don't necessarily agree with everything she says or does but then nobody's perfect and atleast she faces the problem even with death-threats staring her in the face, she doesn't stop and that's something...
Next is what?... I have a bunch of new books to read but I can't decide what to start with. Maybe you can help?
3 comments:
Hahhaaahaa!!
"As long as a piece of string"
Those were the best man...
I Love Marysville so much cause it reminds me of ooty. If i had 2 pick one place of all those many places 2 call home it has 2 b the nilgiris man... marysville has really tall gum trees 2... and is the closest i come 2 Home... but ooty never got so red... ah i dont know... but Man ooty was the closest this TCK might ever get 2 home.
hey babe :)
I didn't really get into Five Quarters of the Orange - I am otherwise a huge huge fan of joanne harris - try others by her: Holy Fools, Coastliners, Chocolat.
only my opinion though.
up up up up alongalong up up up up up up up up up up up!
Post a Comment