We had a good time. We watched 'Dan in Real Life' and '27 Dresses', ate roast chicken and spread 'Happy Cow' cheese on our bread, baked a 'German Marble Cake' with rum in it :D - more about that later - drank lots of Orange Twister, reminisced about 'kitchen-duty' and 'three-minute-showers' and all the other sorts of fun that we had in school, sang 'Switchfoot' songs as Taryn played them on the guitar and stayed awake till 2 am just pouring our hearts out to each other and man, it felt really good to just talk about the things that I haven't talked about and needed to talk about for so long and also to pray together. I really miss the desis* for that. We always used to pray together - before an exam, before leaving for the holidays, or if we just had some major thing going on in our life - usually related to a boy! - and sit in a circle after we've consumed some chocolates or any other comfort food or spicy Korean noodles in a bowl with 6 forks/spoons or whatever clean utensils we could find in our horribly dirty kitchen in the 'a' level dorm and hold hands, close our eyes and just cry out to God to take control.
* The 'Desis' is a nickname for my favouritest girls from Hebron who I shared my life with - Grace, Meg, Niru, Alva, Sushi and Tashu. Some (or one, I forget) of the boys started calling us that cause I think they thought it would irritate us and we just thought it was pretty funny and LOVED it and it just stuck! :P I love you gals!
1 comment:
I LOVE rain and Switchfoot. Switchfoot is SUCH a comfort, oh God..I think if the creator of the cosmos needed music, he'd listen to Switchfoot. Man, I've been hooked to their songs for the past..1 month? I have all their albums and the songs just stay on repeat..God, it's SO amazing, no words, really, no words.
Yesterday I was lying down on my balcony and looking up at the stars at 1 am and listening to "On Fire" (by them) on repeat. Magical moments=Switchfoot.
I miss you..keep postin gmore pics of you, ok? And have you seen Lulu yet? What songs did Taryn play?
Post a Comment