"Further he [an untouchable] had to drag a thorny branch with him to wipe out his footprints and to lie at a distance prostrate on the ground if a Brahmin passed by so that his foul shadow might not defile the holy Brahmin"
-- Research done by G.S. Ghurye on Caste in his book "Caste, Class and Occupation"
Yeah. Trust me there are many many more things like this practiced in the infamous caste system of Hindu society.
Usually reading this kind of thing (stuff against women, caste, children especially) disturbs me a lot but this is so ridiculous and alien that its actually funny!
I was just thinking that if I were the untouchable, I would have liked to gone and given that Brahmin a "Jaddu ki Jhappi" (loosely translated into bear hug) in 'Munnabhai' style just to see the expression on his face before I died!
No comments:
Post a Comment