Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, April 06, 2009

Back from Kerala!

Back from our trip to Thekkady. About 2000ft above sea level in a Tiger Reserve on the border between Kerala and Tamil Nadu. It was a long journey by train to Madurai then by car for 3 hours to Tusker Trails, our hotel in Thekkady.
We went elephant- riding, we watched a riveting show of Kalaripayatu - a local form of martial art and ate - a LOT.
It was a relaxing trip and I got to splash around in the swimming pool and get out of the city - just what I wanted. The place was gorgeous and GREEN and the people were really nice and friendly and there were lots of tourists - mostly Europeans.
Here are some randoms... I'll think about posting more later! :)
little girl staring out the train window
my dad on the Tuticorin Express - our train to Madurai
night lightshaati mere saathi!on the way back to our room one night I noticed this little spider sitting like a King right in the middle of its masterpiece web...
the Periyar lake where we went for a boat ride... we saw a few animals - deer, wild pigs, blah blah... After many years in Africa and a good number of African safaris, we're a little hard to please! Wish we could've seen a Tiger!
banana chips galore!

10 comments:

Sharanya said...

Some of these pictures are really good..the spider webs one and the last one especially..

Missed you. Don't ever leave without warning again, ok?

bhavini said...

Oh, but I'm not hard to please at all! Your picture of Periyar Lake makes me want to go there instantly.

I loved the 2-d/3-d play in the last picture.. really nice. And you got to splash in the pool, just like you wanted to! Yay! Ahh.. miss that, miss you. Good to know you're enjoying yourself so well :) Keep us posted!

Tina Nandi said...

ah, thanks guys! i get around with my pathetic little Nikon Coolpix which runs out of memory like it has amnesia and eats up batteries like...like... heck, I can't even think of an analogy for that one! :P

Sonal said...

the spider pics are- G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S.
felt SO good to talk to you. miss you so much piu!

Tina Nandi said...

thanks sonu but honestly all credit goes to that little spider! it was really beautiful! how do spiders spin their webs?! and because i have nothing better do right now, i'm going to google that question! :)

Hari said...

hey tine,
amazing pictures.. specially the one of the lake.. i'm guessing that you were on a boat.. correct?

Hari said...

tina.. he he.. sorry

Tina Nandi said...

Thanks Hari! Yeah, was on a boat!

Ryan said...

Thekkadi with an I like I'd say it, is an awesome place. I went there when i was little and i still can't forget the sounds some creatures made. we stayed at a cottage with heaters on and a cook who made authentic kerala idiappam once and steamed peppered cauliflower the next dsy. awesome it was!

Shaon said...

what beautiful photos! the picture of the Periyar lake reminds me of a series of shots in "Jiya Jale", from "Dil Se...". (of course, trust me to come up with the filmy reference!) maybe i'll find it and show you. and would ya look at those hot, oily, crispy banana chips!!! i would kill for a fistful of those. mmm.