-- Today is my mom's birthday. And I forgot. I know, shame on me right?! Now, I'm not making excuses here but in trying to figure out how I did this I came up with the following reasons:
- I'm actually generally really bad with remembering birthdays and also names. Names of anything - places, movies, songs, bands, people. Just don't ask me.
- All the associations are wrong this year. Everything is wrong this year in terms of schedule. I went home in August for two weeks. K'scope should've been over. I'm supposed to be having exams now but I'm not... Etc, etc.
- Facebook didn't remind me. Neither did my phone. Or any other technical double-edged sword for that matter. If you think about it, thanks to phones and the internet - if you use them a lot (and I do) - you don't actually have to remember anything for yourself nowadays. I remember before the world of cellphones, I knew all my friends' phonenumbers off by heart. Ask me today and I'll be frantically looking for my phone and searching through my contacts! Heck, ask me for my own number and I'll probably stumble and give you a missed call instead so it gets directly saved on your phone :P And the same goes for birthdays, I usually rely on Facebook to tell me when somebody's birthday is which doesn't work when that person doesn't have a Facebook presence. Like my mother.
-- Anyway, thankfully my dad reminded me and my mom forgave me ;)
-- While I was out forgetting my mom's birthday, Antu, Jo and I went to watch Wake Up Sid! which is the movie that got caught up in the "controversy" mentioned in my previous post. And I figured that maybe the reason they had to pick a fight on this film (because I'm pretty sure that MOST characters in most films based in Bombay still call it Bombay) is because it's a HAPPY movie and they don't really come off as a happy bunch of people. They're more into violence and havoc. Because I mean, they didn't make a big deal out of Kaminey and in that, they're actually portrayed negatively but then again, maybe they weren't intelligent enough to figure that out. Just my twopence.
-- The movie was great. I enjoyed it to the core. It's one of the those sit-back-and-relax stories told clean and simple. Fun fun! Some really good photography in the film and Ranbir carries around this awesome camera which had me going "I WANT!!" Konkona is gorgeous and brilliant as usual. Ranbir was impressive. And the other guy - so cute! :P Also, we spotted a couple (two) girls from our college acting as extras in the film!
-- Going home again in 8 days! :D
2 comments:
"Also, we spotted a couple (two) girls from our college acting as extras in the film! "
WHAT! I'm sure Antoo was instrumental in this. She has a great thing for face-name associations.
Which brings me to why you wrote this post. You should know, I empathise (literally) with all sincerity.
I forgot my mom's birthday a couple weeks ago too :( but being the wonderful woman that she is, she forgave me :)
Post a Comment