Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Blanked Out!

I enter this place, and I can't remember a word of what I wanted to say. But when I lay awake at night, listening to the milk van driving in, an idiot boy with a very noisy bike who only rides in the middle of the night, another idiot man who hoots his horns amazingly loudly, not all caring that people are actually trying to sleep, I have millions of posts swimming about in my head just no internet and then I fall asleep and I forget.
Its almost been a month. The longest, I have ever stayed in Mumbai and the record shall be broken in the coming months as I shall now be residing in Mumbai! My name appeared on the Sophia college list, which means that I am officially accepted! And Sophia is pronounced Soph-I-a and not Soph-E-a incase you were wondering. Its a girls' college. *gasp* haha. Actually, i'm totally okay with that. It'll be a first, for sure, but it should be fun. I'm trying to get into the hostel within the college as well, so that I don't have to commute for no less than 20 kms everyday to get to college. In places like Lusaka or I imagine Osky or Waterloo or other cities NOT in India, that might not be too much of a distance, but come to Mumbai, see the crowds, and you'll understand what I mean. People do it ofcourse, but you know, I don't want to add to the crowd!! ;) Anyway, we went in today and put in an application, let's see what happens. A lot of Sophia is actually strikingly like Hebron. I almost fell over, while I stood in a corridor and looked down to see a basketball court and then a nursery school and thought for a moment, OMG, i'm in Hebron!!
So as of the 2nd of July I shall be starting my college education! In the meantime, we're leaving for Bangalore on Friday (by train). I am SO looking forward to that. I need to pick up my stuff and well, Bangalore is home really!
That's all I can think of now.
Next post from Bangalore! ;)
Hugs,
Tina


1 comment:

anne said...

A nursery school at uni? Sweetness!

Wishing you and your umbrella all the best with your new beginnings, and the start of what I am sure is going to be a very educational and eventful [special!] year :)

Waiting Together! Let's shall.