That’s my new room number. I like! 13 is my favourite number so that’s nice! I’m in my new accommodation, sitting at my desk with my large Sociology textbook open and of course not much work is getting done! I moved in yesterday evening and so far its been pretty good. Still getting to know the people around me but mostly they’re all very friendly and helpful. The most frequently asked questions I’ve received are: “Where are you from?” (the most difficult to answer!) and “Are you a Catholic?” (rooting from the sight of my Bible and wish to go to church this morning, also difficult to explain).
Hmm, yeah, I’ll vent about that later to anyone who will lend me their ears.
Moving swiftly along…
My roomie is great. She’s a pucka (100%) Mallu – more so than Tashu, who is more American than anything else really! ;) Ummm yeah, her name is Dakshina and she also came from Bangalore. Actually she just finished at Christ college! There are few others here who are in my year but mostly they’re all seniors.
The rooms are nice and quite spacious, not really anything like Hebron dorms. Oooooh Ooooooh AND from the common area, which is like a balcony you can see the ocean!! Of course there are some buildings in the way but you can see a good-enough stretch of it for it to be captivating and the wind affect is also GREAT!
We also have a TV in the common area (I watched ‘Ten things I hate about you’ this evening. Meg, remember that bit when she says, “I want you, I need you, Oh baby, Oh baby”? So funny! I love that movie, such great ‘chewing gum’ for the brain!). And I can also get connected to the net in the hostel which is great so I can chat with you guys once in a while so will get onto that soonly…
I went pillow hunting all morning today cause I stupidly didn’t bring one and had the worst sleep last night. A lot of the shops were closed and anyway, this area is mostly a rich people’s area (pricey sea-facing apartments) and so funnily there aren’t many great small and cheap multi-purpose stores that you find in the suburbs… But why can’t I find a pillow?? Do you get designer pillows?? That would be funny. Calvin Klein Pillows. Or… gosh I can’t think of any other designers! Help me out, Meg! ;)
More later,
2 comments:
Oh Mommy. So happy that u liking it there. will try call or some thing soonly. loving u. and hope u get that pillow soon... or else do the whole DOE style of piling clothes into a pillow case..lol. Xx BIG HUG xX Love Dotty (um not sure i like being called dotty much... how many mums call their kids dotty??)
hey...well to be honest...tina doesnt really know the way around her college..(suprisingly..)..what she didnt tell u was..when we did go to get pizza..we eventually got lost and randomly ended up at a train stop that we didnt really intend on visiting...hmm...no wonder she cant find a pillow!
Post a Comment