Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pakeeza Magic

In the years that I was at Hebron I used to be proud of my hindi and I used to also tease my friends who would claim to know it but were really bad at it and then... I came to Bombay and God put me in my place and made me realise that I am infact TERRIBLE at it myself... It's like every time I open my mouth to say something, it comes out well... embarrassingly wrong! (I'm just as bad in bengali) Anyway, I don't mind it so much cause it makes for some really funny situations at which we all collectively laugh and it will be quoted for days after and then we all laugh again and atleast I remember it that way so as not to make the same mistake again... It's ALL about learning.
So... we watched the movie yesterday and... OH MAN!! I'm still floating in what I call it's pakeeza magic (pure magic). Ah! The war scenes, the story, the songs, the costumes, the sets, the ROMANCE!! Loved it, loved it, loved it, loved it all!
We spent pretty much all morning today listening to all the songs from the film and awwing and ahhhing over scenes from the movie that we could really liked... and in the process we completely killed gauri's phone battery! :S oops!
Anyway, that's all for now...

5 comments:

anne said...

I LOVE how you put (NEW!) by Alva's blog, like a store.

alva said...

oi! and question, what does compelle intrare mean? seeing as it's french and all, i'm guessing.

anne said...

latin?

Anonymous said...

In lamhon ke daaman mein....

...pakeezah se rishtein hain...

*sighs*

Mum and dad have just gone for it. WAILLL!!! I should be studying Piu, really, but Im not!

Bises,
Sharan

ps-Yeah, what DOES it mean?

Tribal Kid said...

Jodhaa Akbar was beautiful... even the men had such pretty costumes... and Gah.. gd stuff... Water wasnt bad either... but i didnt like the ending.. the same way i disaproved of provoked's ending. Ah well tc love....
Xx BIG HUG xX
Love u muchly much
<3 Love Dotty