Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Come Saturday.

Another week of non-classes. Teachers (supposedly all over India) have been on a strike for a week now because the stupid government refuses to pay our teachers their due. Goodness knows when it will end. I've never been the kind of person who enjoys non-classes for long periods of time. The only exception was Econ classes but then I dealt with that issue by dropping the subject so... I'm not very happy about this strike!! I WANT MY CLASSES! :(

Anyway, thank goodness for K'scope (our college festival) which allows me to still stay outside the house for a good portion of the day :P We've started with our workforce photo-shoots which keeps us in college till at least 3 o'clock.

I also visited the Library yesterday and spent almost an hour trying to decide what to read next! (So many books to read!!!) I kept picking books off the shelf and then putting them back. Finally I decided on The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold - a book that's been sitting on my virtual to-read list for a while now. I've read a couple of chapters so far; I was pretty hooked from the first page. (And... I just found out that's there's a movie based on the book in the making too. Not surprising.)

So there's an update on my not-so-happening-life.

On the bright side: This Saturday I'm going to watch a famous play by Samuel Beckett called Waiting For Godot. It's a totally weird play and I'm pretty sure we're all going to be pretty dazed by the end of it but I'm finally getting to go to this theater that I've heard so much about - Prithvi - and even better, wait for it... I get to see Naseeruddin Shah on stage! :)

4 comments:

Gautam Nandi said...

Enjoy the non-academic part of college life during the dispute with our insensitive government!! Envy the forthcoming visit to Prithvi. Love you.

Senegal Daily said...

Lovely Bones... I still remember the opening to that book - the dog finds her elbow. Gross. But a great book!

Shaon said...

"Waiting For Godot" is a personal favourite (read as: *ahem* u better like it :P) - Naseeruddin will probably be mind-blowing! do tell us how it goes... love u xxx

Sharanya said...

I can't even FINISH reading that play, Tina, let alone understand it! It's RIDICULOUS, which is kind of the point, but I mean, WTH!?!?

Even if you don't enjoy the play (which I'm sure you will, coz of Shah and Prithvi...oh PRITHVI!!), it'll be worth going for just for Prithvi :)

Miss you :(