Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Warning to Cat.

Ever had to make up wild stories about why you didn't bring your homework ("My dog ate it") or were late to class? Well, I was late to my one and only class (thanks to ongoing strike) this morning and I wish the story behind my delay was made up...

There's this cat. Let's call her... Cat. (Holly Golightly style!) Cat has some sort of affinity towards me. She lives on the street and I'm pretty sure that I have never sent her "love-vibes". Never. Her love for me is totally unrequited. Last night, or rather EARLY this morning - 3am to be precise - Cat decides to pay me a visit. She climbs in through the window which was only slightly open to let some air in and sits on my bed, at my feet. Obviously, I am asleep because that's what normal people do at 3am and I like to think I'm relatively "normal" so she decides she needs to wake me up to get my attention and thus she proceeds to whine in her screechy and loud MEOOOOWWWWWW.

Oh, I'm awake alright. I sit up straight in bed, slightly dazed and thinking OH CRAP, there's a cat in my room and it's sitting on my bed and MEOOOWWWING! I'm not very happy about this because I don't like cats, especially not dirty stray ones so I turn on the lamp so I can chase the darn thing out and I look at the clock - 3AM!!!! Okay, now I'm really mad! I have to go to college in the morning and I need my sleep! Get out you stupid cat!!

So there I was at 3am chasing Cat out of my room and she got all confused like she couldn't understand my reaction to her "friendly neighbourhood visit". She thought I was overreacting or something so it took some time to get her to exit where she entered from and she even stood one the window sill for a couple of seconds meowwwing one last time just in case I change my mind...

Well I didn't. I secured the window shut after she finally left and sat on my bed for a while cursing Cat and letting my heart rate come back to normal before I could try and get back to sleep...

...

It was funny the first time. (Yeah, this has happened before.) Cat was literally Meowwwing in my ear the first time before I chased her out. I laughed it off even though she woke me up in the early hours of the morning. The second time, I didn't even know she was in the room until she surreptitiously slipped out from under my bed and out the window giving me a fright!

This time I'm just having murderous thoughts about Cat!!!

3 comments:

Gautam Nandi said...

You should put some kind of protective barrier on the window to obstruct access.

Tribal Kid said...

Hahah
Love u tina its been a while since i posted on ur blog.. but i do read it... everynow and then i jump on and try and catch up :p
love u loads.. hould email u smtime soon... been so wrecked lately... as im bk at uni and also moved houses aswell as have this doco deadline creapin up.. but will try and email u soonly.

Shaon said...

LOOL! poor poor Cat...s/he's only looking for some Tinu-lovin' :P

also, SO jealous you've watched "The Hangover"!!! i'm dyiiiing to see it xxx