Here's what it looks like outside my window on this very very WET and dark monsoon afternoon. Water, water, everywhere. It looked much the same last night when I went to sleep around 10:45pm. And of course today, we didn't really even consider braving this to go to college. I haven't seen this kind of rain in a long time or maybe... ever. It'll be bad news if it keeps us like THIS for much longer.
I found it at the American Centre Library of which I am now a member!! It all started last Thursday. Our Sociology class was invited to the American Centre in Churchgate where they showed us this documentary about the workings of the student newspaper at Penn. State University. It was interesting since one of our subjects this year is Sociology of the Media. After that they gave us a tour of their library and I was smitten. Especially because you can make use of it at a nifty price of Rs. 300/= for students! Lucky me, I'm a student!
Libraries and book-shops are my happy places and since book-shops work out to be more expensive, I joined the library! :D Obviously since they're the American Library, most of their books are American but I found that they have a better collection than the British Council Library and also being a member means you can access the online databases that they have institutional membership to. Very useful for my projects. And the general atmosphere is just nice... after you get past the rather paranoid security at the entrance of course ;)
Lots of reading to do. And then of course there are the bundles and bundles of notes that we're given in class to go through and movies to watch and blogs to read...
So yeah. I'm keeping myself busy :)
3 comments:
Water rationing will reduce as the lakes are sure to fill up!! Love you.
ahh yes lazy, rainy days :) also, i love how even your 'snapshots' are so artistic - love love love your photography, Tina.
AND, *ahem* just noticed "The Royal Tenenbaums" (one of my favouritest movies ever) only received 3 stars. POURQUOI?!?!
love u xxx
@ Shaon: Thanks for the compliment! And yes, I knew I'd get a comment on The Royal Tenenbaums getting 3 stars but I dunno, I guess it's just not my kind of movie! :)
Post a Comment