Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Whoever saves one life..."

I'm still mulling over it and my eyes are stinging from all the crying although my nose is not blocked anymore. Yes, this is possibly the best films I have ever watched and apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Made in 1993, this film by Steven Spielberg is the Winner of 7 Academy Awards, nominated for many more, and is apparently rated number 8 on the American Film Institute's list of 100 best American films ever made. That's gotta say something, don't you think? It's right up there with other brilliant films like The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Casablanca, etc... Films like Slumdog Millionaire (as much as I enjoyed it...) is a total loser in front of this film. I don't know why it took me so long to getting around to watching it. I guess you don't realize how good it is until you actually watch the film...

p.s. I also watched Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince (2009) at the theatre today but it's really barely worth a mention. The only good it did for me was make me want to read the book again.
And I watched Singin' in the Rain (1952) on Thursday which I positively LOVED!! :)

2 comments:

Hari said...

this is the kind of movie that blows a dynamite on ur heart..
astonishing movie.. even more astonishing when u consider the fact that it really did happen..

screw hitler..

Shaon said...

agreed. 100%

it's a movie that questions and reaffirms humanity all at the same time. incredible. xxx