Hellooooo faithful blog readers (if any, oh yes, there's Miss Smith, or Smeegs as she insists on being called!!!) No photos today, but just thought i'd tell you about my various adventures in the kitchen which will give you something to laugh about. I know Ajay has had a good laugh already about one of my stories.
Well i've been venturing into the kitchen quite often in the past week or so. My first attempt was at making Chocolate Chip oatmeal cookies which was quite successful until they got glued to the baking tray and it was quite a wrestling match trying to un-stick them. I obviously didn't grease the trays well enough. Lesson one learnt. (They did taste good by the way and they disappeared faster than I could have hoped)
My second blunder is rather embarrassing but I am learning how to laugh at myself so I might as well share this! More recently I was trying to bake a chocolate cake and committed the infamous mistake of taking salt for sugar!! You can imagine my face when I tasted the batter!! So that went down the bin, but I had a good laugh at my stupidity. Second lesson learnt. Always taste the white stuff before you generously pour it into your batter.
Thirdly I failed to cook rice in the microwave, but my dad is in on this one too. I under cooked it and then in the attempt to try and fix my mistake, my dad over cooked it. (My mum has been ill for the past two days!)
Fortunately however I do have a success story to share!! As I mentioned, my mum has been ill so it was my responsibility to cook dinner last night. I attempted at 'chowmein' and chilly chicken although the latter(is that right?? I always get confused on how to use the words former and latter... well I mean the chilly chicken) did not quite turn out to be like the picture in the cook book it tasted good and my parents were also impressed although you could say they're probably biased but no, honestly it was good.
Today was my dad's turn to cook dinner, I just helped with the salad and I am quite satisfied. He's pretty good, although he too is a novice like me. You gotta start somewhere, right??
As you can see, I am having my share of fun and bonding with my parents. And I am quite happy.
More later,
Tina
1 comment:
I have just noticed the comments section so I thought that I would comment! How on earth can you mistake salt for sugar! Mind you I expect that by the time I leave Hebron I will have forgotten everything that I ever kneew about cooking as I do not bother doing any here, I just eat everbody elses cooking.
Post a Comment