Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Great Expectations

That is what I have finally gotten down to reading - Charles Dickens' Great Expectations. I finally finished with Sophie's Choice after procrastinating for a long time, I decided yesterday that I had had enough and so I read until I finally finished. Its good, a little frustrating, but interesting anyhow! Its good to have time to read, but sometimes I wish I was too busy to read. As they say, the grass is always greener on the other side! I miss school like crazy, its hard to find people here who get me but am giving it my best shot (well atleast most of the time!!) Yesterday these two girls and I amused ourselves with ice lollies and it reminded me of my days at school here, we used to get so excited about them then, mostly cause they were the only things available in our tuck shop!!! Freezits and chips.These girls and I usually walk in the evenings to get some exercise but mostly cause there's nothing else to do.
more later...hopefully will have photos next week, as I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday, another painfully long bengali social gathering on Sunday and a mini re-union at home on Monday which I am very excited abt!! So watch this space!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is interesting that you are reading Great Exoectations after I spent most of the summer transforming the book into a play which 11 apha are going to perform in drama week. We have two Pip's, one young, Aarti and another older Pip, Pranav. I am hoping that he hs inherited some of his father's acting genes. I hope that you enjoy the book.