My parents left this morning. That’s sad. I miss them already and the house seems empty. Its just me and granny. They went back to Bangalore and will be there from now on… My dad will go to Delhi for a while but he’ll be working in Bangalore which is great cause they can finally live, like really live in the house that they built.
Anyway, so I attempted at making this big old room a little more
livable and put up my photos which positively manage to make me feel at home wherever I am or wherever I move to. Somehow my photos remind me of who I am and where I come from. Something that remains the same I guess, the past. You can’t alter it. Of course not all of the past was good but the pictures only remind me of the good, of the things that I am grateful for – my friends, my family, Hebron, my many ‘homes’, the places that I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to… I look at them and I smile.
I attempted to move the bed a little and the whole thing just fell apart. I kid you not. I think I’ve mentioned before that my granny’s house is an antique and everything in it is also antique and its better not to fool around with anything but I stupidly tried to move the bed; big mistake! The whole thing caved in with a big bang which obviously caused a frenzy and granny came running in to see the joke. GAH! Anyway, thankfully it didn’t actually break, all the planks that hold it together just came out and basically, we had to remove the mattresses which are extremely heavy and then put it back together. Oh well, at least some of the dust accumulated from under the bed got cleaned up and now I know never to move the bed again!!
I’m making pasta tonight. Yesterday we went to this HUGE mall called ‘Inorbit’ a
nd since we’re Bengalis we just bought food and ate food! The clothes stores are usually extortionately priced at these places so that’s mainly what I do in malls and of course if there’s a Crossword or any other book store, I’ll be sure to pop in. Anyway, so at one of the stores, this guy was making sample of pastas and you can try it out for free and as a rule, I like trying out free food (!) so he made some for me and it was great! Not much work required, he used some pasta sauce imported from the US and I bought some so its pasta for dinner tonight.
I’m planning on joining a cooking and baking class at college. I love cooking and I have the time and I’ve actually always wanted to do a course in baking so YAY! Looking forward to that.
That’s it for now! I promise to put up some photos of Bombay up soon. Orville is coming this week and he’s agreed to be a tourist with me and so I shall take lots of photos…
Later,
Tina
Anyway, so I attempted at making this big old room a little more
livable and put up my photos which positively manage to make me feel at home wherever I am or wherever I move to. Somehow my photos remind me of who I am and where I come from. Something that remains the same I guess, the past. You can’t alter it. Of course not all of the past was good but the pictures only remind me of the good, of the things that I am grateful for – my friends, my family, Hebron, my many ‘homes’, the places that I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to… I look at them and I smile.I attempted to move the bed a little and the whole thing just fell apart. I kid you not. I think I’ve mentioned before that my granny’s house is an antique and everything in it is also antique and its better not to fool around with anything but I stupidly tried to move the bed; big mistake! The whole thing caved in with a big bang which obviously caused a frenzy and granny came running in to see the joke. GAH! Anyway, thankfully it didn’t actually break, all the planks that hold it together just came out and basically, we had to remove the mattresses which are extremely heavy and then put it back together. Oh well, at least some of the dust accumulated from under the bed got cleaned up and now I know never to move the bed again!!
I’m making pasta tonight. Yesterday we went to this HUGE mall called ‘Inorbit’ a
nd since we’re Bengalis we just bought food and ate food! The clothes stores are usually extortionately priced at these places so that’s mainly what I do in malls and of course if there’s a Crossword or any other book store, I’ll be sure to pop in. Anyway, so at one of the stores, this guy was making sample of pastas and you can try it out for free and as a rule, I like trying out free food (!) so he made some for me and it was great! Not much work required, he used some pasta sauce imported from the US and I bought some so its pasta for dinner tonight.I’m planning on joining a cooking and baking class at college. I love cooking and I have the time and I’ve actually always wanted to do a course in baking so YAY! Looking forward to that.
That’s it for now! I promise to put up some photos of Bombay up soon. Orville is coming this week and he’s agreed to be a tourist with me and so I shall take lots of photos…
Later,
Tina
1 comment:
Women Empowerment!
Give Orville a giant bone crushing hug from me.
Post a Comment