Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Counting Down




Over the weekend, Deepak and Mr. Ruddock came to visit and I had the pleasure of spending Saturday afternoon with them (and also taking Deepak to my church on Sunday!)
Deepak came down from Pune where he is studying Science at Fergusson College. For the non-hebby's reading this, Deepak or a.k.a. "dada" and I went to school together in Ooty.
Mr. Ruddock came from Ooty where he went for drama week and now has gone off to some exotic country (the name of which I have forgotten. Mr. Ruddock was a history teacher at Hebron and I never studied history so I didn't really get to talk to him much at school so it was nice to have the chance. And actually under the thick Irish accent, he's a very very sweet old man who insists on paying your lunch bill! ;)
We had lunch (a pizza and chicken hakka noodles - don't ask why!) at this cafe at Colaba that I really like -Mondy's- and then after lunch we ventured to this island called "Elephanta Island" on a boat. The journey took about 45 mins and then we climbed many many stairs to see these caves and statues that are carved out of the rock there. It was quite interesting and was kind of nice to be trekking again (I also found out how totally UNFIT I am - I was literally panting which is not good, I lived in Ooty for five years, I should be able to climb hills!!)
Then we went back to the city through the ocean which is most unfortunately as polluted as is the city. There are soooo many ships out there dumping their dirty exhaust into the air and their oil into the water and of course the people of Bombay who have absolutely ZERO civic sense and throw all their garbage into the sea. It makes me SOOO mad. Meh. Anyway, let's not get started on that.
I'm half-way through my exams. So far so good. I've been studying quite a lot, just not sure if I'll get the results! Seriously, I can't remember being able to study this way, like ever. Not sure what changed. Actually even I don't get good results, this time atleast I can say, I really tried. Less distractions, I guess and of course, I believe God listens to my prayers and keeps me focused as well and somehow so far there haven't been any questions in my papers on which I have not studied at all.
Call it what you want, I call it 'Grace'.

1 comment: