Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Highlights!

Phew! It's Saturday! This week has been pretty hectic even though we're still not having 50% of our classes because of the ongoing teachers' strike...

Here are some of things that have been going on...

One of the things that I get to do being a photographer on K'scope is taking team-photos... The K'scope workforce is made up of 21 different teams who all help to put together our awesome college festival. These are just some of the teams that I've taken...

LOVE Converse shoes! :D This is my absolute favourite so far!

Last Saturday, some of my friends and I went to watch The Motley Theatre Group's rendition of Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett at Prithvi Theatre. It was... AWESOME!We finally got an excuse to "dress-up", the play was hilarious and ridiculous at the same time and just the whole ambience at Prithvi Theatre was so wonderful... Besides the famous actors in the play - Naseeruddin Shah, Benjamin Gilani, etc - we saw a whole lot of other celebrities too! And not poster guys n gals but the cream of the people in theatre and Bollywood who show passion for ACTING!! Divya Dutta (so pretty!), Om Puri, Ratna Pathak Shah, Purab Kohli (so cute! :D), etc...
Some blurry pictures to follow :)

Pallavi and Sonu
Gorgeous little Prithvi cafe... (honestly, the food was not great...)

And as if we didn't have enough celebrity-watch at Prithvi Theatre, Konkana Sen herself was on our campus! It's a terrible photo but I couldn't exactly go and stand right in front of her to take the picture!
(For those of you who don't know who Konkana Sen is, watch Mr. and Mrs. Iyer... PLEASE!)

On Tuesday, Standard Chartered Bank came on campus to conduct an AIDS-awareness program. It was really fantastic and so important... They did a fabulous job of dealing with a whole lot of myths about HIV and AIDS. It was a long session but very interactive and fun!

Yesterday was a special program in college called Glimpses, where basically all the new-comers to college are introduced to all the clubs and societies at Sophia. I just watched the latter part of the program because I was out taking team-photos but one of my friends, Gauri had to give a speech and I hear she was really good! :D So proud of her!


Gelato Day! On the first of every month, Gelato (an ice-cream shop) has one flavour going for just Rs. 9/= and we tend to flock the place on these days! The catch is that you never really know what flavour it's going to be and sometimes, it's not that great... Today was one of those "not-so-great" days as you can see from Madhuri's expression here! Sonu and I didn't even bother buying it ;) Rosy Almond just doesn't sound so appetizing!

We also got to meet Tilo today! Besides being a fellow Bong (!)/fellow Sociology student and friend of mine from my hostel days, Tilo was our Student Body President last year and is generally a very fun girl to know! She's all set to do her Masters in Sociology in Delhi and was just back in college this weekend for Prize Day...
L-R: Astrid, Madhuri, Shruti, Tilo, Vini, Gauri, Jo, Sonu, Tina

So yeah, these are a few of the things that have been happening! We also had our very first presentation for our research projects this week but hopefully I'll tell you more about that later! :D

Happy Weekend!

6 comments:

Ryan said...

:D, this post is infectious. seriously. and your favorite is also my favorite photo.. Awesome pic!

Sonal said...

I want to dress up again!

Can Despatch have another picture? Pretty, please? I should enjoy SOME benefits of being friends with the Photography Co-ord, right? :P

Shaon said...

this post reminds me just how beautiful women are, what an incredible person you are (how on earth are you so positive, woman?!) and just how very much i love you :) xxx

Tina Nandi said...

@Ryan: Thanks! :D
@ Sonu: Hey, we can dress up for the NCPA this week! Hopefully... Fingers crossed! :D
@Shaon: Don't be deceived by my blog! :P I can be downright negative sometimes!

Sharanya said...

Dressing up is such a must for NCPA. I've worn things I'd NEVER wear otherwise-- white block heels, dresses, junk jewellery, coat dresses..SIGH!

Just a girl said...

Tinaaa! Mostly I wanted to say: HI. I'M BACK. I MISSED YOU TOO. (yes, that is based on the assumption you missed it. it's ok, I make that assumption about everyone.) ;)

Also, K'Scope looks like so much fun!! Wish I could be even the tiniest part of it. The pirate photo is my fave. :)

x
JAG

PS: I totally misread fellow sociology student as fellow scientology student. lol. bedtime, methinks!