Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The night is still young...

...in Honululu, where it is still only 21:04 on the 13th of February and so it's technically still my birthday. I know, I'm like a child who doesn't want to go to bed. You'd think once I hit 22, I'd leave childish things behind me? Ha!

Anyway, the reason why I don't want it to be not-my-birthday is because I gave myself an ultimatum... After my birthday, it's down to serious business. Classes are over, I don't have to go to college anymore and the only thing left is to study study study. Firstly for these things called "preliminary exams" which happen to start on Thursday (eeks!) and well, ultimately for my board exams which (as of now) start on the 8th of April and go on for... oh it's too painful to say. I'm still unrealistically hoping that them university people will see reason and they'll end the exams sooner than what the timetable says right now...

But forget that, it's still my birthday!! :P And well, I had the most awesome-to-the-power-of-(almost)-infinity day. It started off with the usual midnight conference call with my girls in Bombay and then I went to bed and was woken by my parents calling at 7am! :) Wasn't planning to wake up that early but just as well; it was nice to be woken up by them rather than my alarm clock!

In the morning, we headed to college to watch Sharan give a speech at this EXAP (Excellence in Arts Programme) prize distribution ceremony. She was brilliant - as usual.

And then there was cake!! A chocolate rum cake which Sonu and I had on our birthday in the first year and I really wanted to have that again so that's what I got! It was deeeeelicious!

After that we had to go for this "Sending Forth" in the chapel. Basically it's a little thing the college does for the final year students. It was nice. The Dean addressed us and we got little souvenirs and refreshments...

In the evening we headed out to Kala Ghoda! We wanted to catch this concert of the Symphony Orchestra of India but of course we were late but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise because we stayed for the next concert instead which was just... beautiful!!

And of course there was dinner after that!

See.. pretty much perfect day! And I am grateful. So very grateful. That I was here in Bombay because really, it's a pretty awesome place to be. And for all of you!

22 looks promising! :)

p.s. more pictures to come later! the one posted here was from the morning (we had to wear saris) and right before my classmates spontaneously burst into song! that was nice! the pic is taken by Shruti!

1 comment:

Gautam Nandi said...

Happy that you really enjoyed a Happyyyyyy Birthday! Looking forward to events of the day captured in your camera. LOL.