Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, May 04, 2007

Guest Appearance...

Yello! To make things a little more interesting I thought i'd get Tazzo to blog for me today...
So over to our guest writer... Taryn!

Why, thank you, Tina. I'm honoured to be on your show...er, blog. (Actually, I've never blogged before. I like the sound of the word 'blog', don't you? It's like a blob but better. A blob and a bog put together, maybe. Ah, etymology. Okay, am I supposed to be sounding intellectual here? What do people DO on blogs?? The blobby bog is suckkkiiing me in! blub glub gargle aaargh.)

Um. Hello, readers of Tina's blog, i.e. Ajay and Meg. Yes, i'm talking to you. So you want to know what we've been up to since I arrived here yesterday evening? Exciting things! Earth-shatteringly brilliant things! I'm not going to tell you, though.

Oh all right, if you say 'pleeease' like that, I guess I could let you in on the secret of our top-um, secret activities. We started off by putting in the new Jars of Clay CD (Redemption Songs... buy it at your nearest music store. Hey, Jars should pay me for this.) and then Tina produced from her fridge a large pile of vegetables. A very large pile. By the time we cut it all up, we were surrounded by absolute mountains of multicoloured vegetables. Then Tina made prodigious amounts of pasta, and somehow combined all these vegetables in a rainbow-coloured pasta sauce. (And I grated cheese. Very skillfully. Yes, I know, my culinary skills are gaspworthy.) "No flavour" is her verdict, and she puts garlic in. "It's not spicy enough", she says. And puts green chillis in. "It's still not spicy enough" she says, and chucks in a handful of red chilli powder. "Taryn, it doesn't taste like annything" she complains, and pours in a few packs of Dominos chilli flakes and oregano and rosemary and then she wanted to put more garlic in. I thought it tasted fine. (But then again, I like Cerelac.) So. Dinner turned out surprisingly well.

We stayed up really late, reminiscing and sharing the latest news, until we got really sleepy and started talking absolute nonsense. And this is how Tina calls Lulu: "What's up dawg?" Either that's really fitting or really funny. Or both.

Anyways, these exciting activities were interspersed by much vegetating on the hammock and the beanbag, watching Hebron Highlights, listening to the SC cd, etc. (Ajay I finally heard you play! And you still haven't heard me play. Nya nya. :P Meg your song was awesome.) It's been gooooood fun. You should have been here.

Thanks Taz! Fantastic job, this is possibly the funniest post i've had!


Cool Slideshows

5 comments:

Chelita said...

I can't believe I am not there to enjoy Taz' presence. Oh well, my job will fill the empty spaces~ lol that is not at all true.
I miss you two so very much.

Tina, womaan, write to me. Plz
I want to know what you are upto from the moment you wake up to the time to hit the sack.
Lots of love,
Gracias

Ajay Lee said...

Tina and Taryn, I could not for the life of me think of what the heck you were talking about, but then it dawned on me and I remembered the time we coincidentally met in Bangalore, and I skirted having to play the guitar for you guys. I feel I must apologize though, because I spent like 15 minutes lying to you trying to get 'you know who's' phone number. First you gave me yours, then Sam's (Right, just what I was looking for) and then, well we all know the story. Just thought I'd clarify. See you both in the funny papers.
Ajay

ps. My coworker walked by as I was reading, saw your pictures and asked with his jaw on the floor Who are THEY??? I just smiled and shook my head.

anne said...

Cerelac is awesome! yay, I'm mentioned by name :)
Tina is terrifying in the kitchen - we stayed at the Bushys' guest house once and she kicked sushi and I out of "her kitchen" for being noisy.
Not only is "blog" a super fun word, but I've also discovered that when you say it backwards, it is most satisfying. Golb, golb, golb.
AJ played at an SC event? I don't remember that. Old age is doing terrible things to me.
Hammocks and beanbags kick butt.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA ther r more ppl who do read ur blog.... when we get around to it...lol. ah well... love the blog.... funny as..... CLO ur an absolute nutter... Love 2 both..Muah Xx Me xX

Ryan said...

"Um. Hello, readers of Tina's blog, i.e. Ajay and Meg. "

Awesome post :D