Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

And then the music faded...

Monday, finds me on my knees again…

Except it’s not Monday. But it feels like a Monday. Like we had a long weekend and now it’s back to work and we start Monday’s with Eco and end it with Psycho, with a little Comm. Skills in between so it might as well be a Monday. But it’s not! Just three more days of classes before it’s our very pathetic ‘weekend’ which really only consists of Sunday. Why? Why? Why must we have a six-day week I ask? Why?

There’s always something in the way…
Always something getting through,
It’s not me,
It’s you, It’s you

I’m not really that irritable. I’m just ranting. You may delete the last paragraph. I was going to say/write something and now I’ve forgotten. I do that a lot. It’s quite irritating.

If we’re adding to the noise, turn off this song…

I want to tell you about Mood Indigo, but I seriously don’t know where to start from. I guess I should start with a little background information. Mood Indigo (popularly known as Mood-I) is the college festival of the Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay. My friend, Vini, lives on campus because her dad is a professor there (If you were in Hebron in std. 11 with me you might recall a man had come and given us a presentation on aviation? Well, that was Vini’s dad!) so we – Joyee, Sharan and I – went and stayed at her place for the festival. It was good – a good experience, an eye-opener, lots of fun, late nights, walking around for miles, sitting by the lake, watching ‘A Walk to Remember’ again, eating Vini’s dad’s impressive cooking, SHANKAR-EHSAAN-LOY in concert!! WOW! Deafening rock concert – hmmm, I’m not such a fan of heavy metal, Subway, chewy chicken rolls and horrible sandwiches, crowds, crowds, crowds, sunset and sunrise, late-night medley singing, eating plum cakes, chocolate, bread/butter at 4 am, weird conversations, ‘That thing you do’, lots of Y-chromosomes, star-gazing (!) – a rare treat.

When I look at the staa-aa-aa-aars,
When I look at the stars,
I see someone else

As you can tell, the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy (amazing bollywood music directors) concert was the highlight for me. They were A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Daisy, give yourself away…

I have new external speakers! Adding to my happiness. I am listening to Switchfoot right now, therefore the random lyrics in between. Mmmm, a thought of a Switchfoot concert just came to me. I would like that. I would LOVE that.

I just spent about half an hour at Amarson's park watching the sunset colours disappear till the stars started to peep out over the sea. Ahhhh, sooooo beautiful. I sat there singing praises to God, for there is no beauty like what He has created. You're ingenious. I love you!

'That's all!'


3 comments:

anne said...

LIES!
By which I mean, I remember the aviation talk! That wasn't year 11! It was year 12. There was a guy taking photos/videos also?
Oh, man, the world is so small!

Anonymous said...

*happily* Life IS good isnt it? :)

I love you!

Yours,
Sharan

Tribal Kid said...

LOL yess indeed we have concluded that the aviation talk was in year 12 ;)

Um also Mommy.. I got a card in the Mail 2 day.... Man it made my day ;) thanks a million.

Nd how gd was tashus cofeeday pic ;) That also aded 2 my feel gd nd miss the desis day ;)