Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Snap! Crackle! Saturday!

I am excited! We're going to watch this play tomorrow... It's a pretty big production and this will be my third 'proper' play viewing! I feel 'cultured' hee hee.
I remember watching this play being performed by the standard 13s when I first joined Hebby in Std 9. Man, they were amazing. I think in the five years that I spent at Hebby, that year's Drama Week was the most memorable... no wait, our own Std 13 'Peter Pan' was the most memorable but still 'Midsummer Night's Dream' is WAY up there! I suppose the fact that our prefects were up there performing and they were like our angels (!!) made it all the more better... Also, at that stage, being in Std 13 was like the ultimate thing. We... well, atleast I looked at them in 'awe' - they were so... big! They were about to finish school, how amazing is that! It's still weird that five years actually passed and we got there too, Std 13, being prefects ourselves, sports captains, Leaver's Dinners, Leaver's Youth Service, Leaver's Weekend, Grad! But somehow, when I compared us to them like five years before us, we were still... small. Too small to be graduating... And now look at us. Sigh. Soon it will be the kids I 'prefe
cted', graduating! Ack!
My shoulders really ache for some unknown reason. I think I'm sleeping too much. Or not sleeping right. Or whatever. My roomies and I are going out to dinner tonight - bonding session, for the win.
I started reading 'Shantaram' yesterday. I love the first few pages but the book is so HUGE, it's intimidating. I hope I can be interested enough to finish it, especially as I am in the middle of the term and ideally I should start studying for my finals in March. I know, I know, it's all the way in March, but time flies and I'm already dreadfully lost in Econ. Although, these days (the last three classes I've had, I mean) I actually get the drift of what's happening in class. Psycho classes are unbearably boring. Our teacher is great - as in, greatly educated and passionate about the subject but that doesn't go to say she's a good teacher. All brilliant people cannot teach. Socio, well that's a whole 'nother story. Somebody did a book review in class today of the 'Kite Runner' and pretty much told the whole class the whole story. Argh. Why will anyone want to read it then? There's nothing else to know.
Hee, hee, the title for this post is another creation of 'The Advertising Slogan Generator'... You should try it, it's so ridiculously hilarious (thanks, Meg!)

To bed! To bed! It's the middle of the afternoon, but still. ;)

To close, a quote from the play... "The course of true love never did run smooth..."

2 comments:

Sharanya said...

Its really nice how you realize that you have so much to study and dont study then at all..coz I do the same :D Of course, Im not saying its RIGHT or anything *grins!*

Paly tomorrow! Yayayayay! I didnt know you had seen it b4 though..

Thanks for the songs, Piu. "I dare you to move" is THE most amazing song there..even better than only hope :)

Tribal Kid said...

Hope the play was Fabulistic...Fabastic... LOL. Sorry about the phone call yesterday..... I figured u werent around when it didnt answer.... but yeah if it was u taht called back.. we were asleep .. Sorri. but yeah i did email u instead.