Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Where it all comes from...

Matthew 7-11 "Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?

12"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them. Add up God's Law and Prophets and this is what you get."

It's been a busy couple of days.

I went for Delirious?/Hillsong concert last night - they were GREAT!

We've been having a Literary Conference for the past two days and my brain is at saturation point now! But it's been good. See Sharan's blog for more.

The touchpad on my laptop is not working. Argh! It's all falling apart!

Our hostel warden, is driving me crazy. I do not like her one bit and I hate that.

I can't wait for Niru to come. Like Sonu said, "it'll do me some good." 20 DAYS TO GO! (btw, where on EARTH are you Dotty!?? Haven't heard from you in a while... call me or something!)

I miss Hebron. I miss the people from Hebron. Especially the staff, thank you for the way you are. You made school FUN and HAPPY. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the idea of dorm-parents. For your actual concern and love and all the hugs...

Flashback part.... I dunno...

This was taken very very early in the morning on the day of the annual Flower Show at the botanical gardens in Ooty. Our school was like IN the botanical gardens so we used to get free entry in the early morning and we were allowed to pick up the extra flowers lying around... which is cool but as I said, it was very EARLY in the morning! Therefore, as you can see Meg and Niru had passed out on a bench at the gardens!


4 comments:

anne said...

Haha!! You have it wrong, Beena.

Notice how I'm wearing different things in both photos? That's because they are from different years!! Top photo from yr12, and bottom from yr13, when it was followed by the Rose Garden (remember that!)....

Tribal Kid said...

Tina didnt come 2 the rosegarden.. it was just U, Johnney, prescot and moi.

Tina Nandi said...

yes, yes. i understand. i was obviously wasn't paying much attention when i put up the photos... you're wearing different outfits too. yeah i didn't go to the rose garden but that was the time when it was FOLLOWED by the rose garden. how can i forget! man, the things that happened in our lives! crazeeeeeeee! ;)
keep it up gals! i need your corrections on the photos... this is turning out to be a good exercise for me since I am forgetting stuff and I don't want to!!

Sharanya said...

I love the last pic!


ps-To quote Opal Mehta's dysfunctional parents on a much larger scale (Bceuase life IS not just abt Harvard!)and a certain BYOOOTIFFOOL song from "A Walk To Rmemeber"..

"TIP. Trust In the Plan,Opal"

"When it seems like my dreams
Are so far,
Sing to me of your plans
That you have for me over again.."

Just keep the faith Piu. "This too shalt pass away"..