Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, April 14, 2008

The Bear Came Over The Mountain

I just watched this movie. You should watch it too! It's good. Heartbreakingly good. It's about this old couple who've been in love and married for almost half a century and are happy and then the wife gets Alzheimer's... Possibly the only thing worse than your spouse dying before you is your spouse forgetting who you are...
You should watch this movie. No embarrassing sex scenes that make you want to go fetch a glass of water when your parents walk in. No violence. Just amazing camera shots, great acting, a good story and a make-you-think kind of ending...
I'm in Bangalore and I'm trying to lose weight. NOT easy. The fridge is stacked with Coke and Chocolates and Cheese - the three 'C's I can't resist and I'm not allowed to have any of it! Meh.
Yesterday I cooked dinner - Roast Chicken, boiled vegetables and finger chips made in the oven sans deep frying! Ma directed of course from her bed cause she wasn't feeling well and she came to my rescue a couple of times. But cooking is tiring! I can't imagine doing it every day...
That's it for now~~~~
Toodles



5 comments:

Sharanya said...

Oh Tina, PLEASE PLEASE bring all these movies back on a vcd/dvd..PRETTY PWEASE! You seem to have a knack for hunting down good old rare movies that I usually like to watch..have fun!


ps-WHY are you trying to lose weight?!

anne said...

not going to lie, I'm afraid of watching that movie, all the emotional trauma!
x

Sonal said...

ditto here....ur quite aware of me and my fear of 'sadness'!
oh piu plz dont lose too much weight!!coz then ill want to and u know how difficult it is for us to stay away from food!

love u!miss u!

Sonal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bhavini said...

I've heard of this movie. It's a recent release, I think. Somehow movies like these remind me of Tuesdays with Morrie. Have you read that book?