Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Come March.

So after a LOT of coaxing, my internet finally let me come online. What am I doing online when I have exams in 5 4 days, you ask? I'm taking a break (!!) and I need to vent about the stupid FC (Foundation Course - which is absolutely useless course that Mumbai University INSISTS we should take) textbook. I'm telling you it's the most crap I've ever read in one book and it's extremely frustrating when you have to STUDY from something like that! It's an insult to our intelligence, it's unethical, it's probably all plagiarism anyway. Seriously, I'm pretty sure they just googled or wikipedia-ed it and copy-paste-copy-paste and you have a textbook for BA students in a UNIVERSITY!

Argh.

That feels better although Social Psychology tells us that Catharsis Hypothesis (venting your frustration in relatively non-harmful ways - like blogging!) is only temporary and cognitive processes (like thinking about the textbook) will only bring back the frustration... But you didn't really want to know that, did you? :)

Well, at least I'm learning SOMETHING.

Things that keep me motivated:
- Breaks from studying (like this one!)
- Music
- Knowing that I'll never have to do another Economics exam after this (never say never - eeks!)
- The idea of a holiday in Kerala in April
- Lots of books to read after I get through these exams
- (Possibly) a sleepover with my girlfriends on the 18th (Yes?)
- I'm getting closer to going home
- Knowing that after all this studying, I will be a little smarter or at least a little more knowledgeable than when I started out...
- Knowing that God exists and that it all counts...

5 comments:

bhavini said...

You studied FC?

Unknown said...

I sit online to get out of studies just to realise that reading your blog pushes me back into it!!!! not exactly but kind of.....:P

Unknown said...

but ILU <3

Ryan said...

Holiday in kerala! AWESOME!
Heh, you've got economics too? Boring subject but we've got a guy who handles it really well. Fun classes.

Shaon said...

good luck on those pesky exams, Tinu didi! xxxx