*Shadows
So I'm home!
I feel content - to be at home (we have such a beautiful home), with my parents, with Dada and D (even though it's a little strange not having them around at home and I miss that), having my own room (!) and my own wardrobe (I spent all of yesterday morning throwing out old stuff and trying on new stuff - perfect hand-me-downs from D in which I am now living!), time and solid eight hours of sleep (which has been a rare event for the past month or so!). Oh yes, and finding that my Ma has started painting again and she's really brilliant for an amateur. (I will post photos as soon as I get batteries for my camera!)
Today, I emptied my big ol' trunk from Hebron and re-located all (well most) of the stuff to my wardrobe. This is always interesting. I started writing a diary when I was 13 and over the years I've written about 10 and it's just so interesting to read through these and see how much I've changed. Things that I was so crazy about then, seem so silly now. I threw out a lot of stuff that I don't want to be reminded of anymore, sorting out photos and put some in frames on my shelf. Dusted off my German books and magazines so I can put my head into them again and bring back to life that part of my brain which safe-keeps all the German. It's nice to move ON and put things into perspective and see how God has been working and continues to work in the shadows.
You know how they say that there's a reason for everything that happens? It's so true. When I was in A'levels I took Geography, English, Maths and German. Four subjects barely related to each other and I had no idea what I wanted to do with them later on, I just knew that these were the subjects I HAD to take and even when it came to Std. 13 and I was allowed to drop one subject, I couldn't. I couldn't bare the thought to part with any of them and I picked the hard way - man, it was hell doing four subjects in Std. 13! Too much work, too little time. Now I know. Well, atleast I know why I took German and why I contined German with Max Mueller Bhavan even after I left school and why I should continue German. I've been going over this in my head for the last two days and it's so amazing, so amazing how the tiny, seemingly insignificant details come together. How relationships are formed and grow beyond anything you could ever have imagined when they started off.
It is nice to know that God sees the bigger picture and He whispers to us the next step even when we don't really realise it then. So good. You are so good.
This holiday I plan to:
* Go to Kerala and Ooty.
* Practice my hindi.
* Read. Read. Read.
* Try writing more. Like seriously.
* Vote. (I went and submitted my papers yesterday and am praying my name comes on the Electoral List in time!)
* Watch movies.
* Bake
* Study German again and remind myself of all I have forgotten.
* Blog (duh!).
That's all I can think of right now. I'm open to more ideas! :)
Bis Bald! Tomorrow I shall share with you a poem I found in "treasure-trunk" that I had completely forgotten about!
4 comments:
Ah, german. I'm all japanese these days :D
YOU WROTE A POEM?! POST-IT!
+1 to the comment above...post the poem now now now!
also, i love the way you've written about shadows. both, those of the past and also of someOne/someThing working away quietly in them to make life work. beautiful.
xxxxx
p.s. - my word verification thing-a-ma-jiggy is "exesse". clearly, blogspot is failing spelling class. "excess", maybe? :P
lol, oh dear... i have written poems but this one is not by ME. it was written by my principal and it will post itself soon!
i'll consider posting mine - it's pretty amateurish...
German sounds macho :)
Post a Comment