Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Rewind?

The coolest thing I did all weekend was walk down a very high wall :)

No kidding.
One of the teams on K'scope is Workshops who organises well, short workshops of all kinds during Kaleidoscope. There were some awesome ones this year, including a Jazz-funk dance workshop which was so much fun! Participating colleges get points for taking part in these workshops and people from the workforce can also take part when they're free. Yesterday, they had this group organise rappeling down one of the buildings in college so I went! I have done this before while I was in school at this awesome campsite called 'Avalanche' but it was still pretty scary! So glad I did it though!
Concrete jungle.
This is by far the scariest part! When you're standing right on the edge and have to take a step off.
That's Madhuri!
Eshana! She was so awesome. She has a fear of heights and yet she did it! :)
And that's yours truly! :)
Eshana, Tina and Madhuri

It's been the BEST weekend ever. Last night, there were lots of tears at the closing ceremony (none from my eyes, strangely. I'm usually very good at turning on the water works. Maybe it'll hit me in a couple of days). K'scope is Sophia College's baby. Seriously, it's the most awesome event every year. Months of preparation and then 6 days just buzzing with activity on campus. At the closing ceremony last night, I was just thinking how fabulous it is that this whole thing is executed from start to finish by such awesome WOMEN! Go girl power! :P We can do so much and I'm so grateful that our college gives us this opportunity and that the participating colleges take part SO enthusiastically! It wouldn't be half as fun without them. (Jai Hind college won this year!)

I would love to upload a whole lot more pictures from the last two days of Kscope but unfortunately we have "exams" starting in two days. They're just internals and not important in the great scheme of things but I still can't NOT study for it or NOT give them at all. The timing is so horrid though. I mean, it takes at least 3 days to recover from K'scope and three days is all we got before the exams. Okay lets just call them TESTS. That has a better ring to it, non? :P I just spent the last hour emailing photos to the PR team so they can send them to our sponsor so the blog will have to wait.

I have so much more to say, but alas, I must go bury my head in a book.
I wish life had a "rewind" button sometimes :P


4 comments:

Sharanya said...

I went to see Kurbaan, but obviously all I could think about was either a) Kscope or b) 26/11, which reminded me of college, and ergo, Kscope.

Gautam Nandi said...

My brave fun loving girl - happy for the real life opportunities that you choose to enjoy!! The snaps covering K'scope are awesome!! Best of luck for test preps!! Love you.

Ajay Lee said...

COOL! I was just climbing the rock wall at Scool today! Love the thrill, hey?

David Sorge said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! At the college I'm moving to next year, there is a designed crack in the building that is perfect for climbing, except for two facts. Firstly, I don't have enough rope to get up it, and it's so illegal that if I get caught doing it, I'll get thrown off campus so fast it's not funny. :(

I wonder if they'd let us start a building-climbing club?