Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bon Appetit!

Julie and Julia.

Finally! I first read about this movie in a magazine at the American Library in Bombay like months ago and I didn't even notice when it whizzed through the cinemas in Bombay but thank God for friends! (Shout out to Antu!) I just watched the movie on my laptop right now and wow, I LOVED it! Here are some reasons:
  • Meryl Streep. She's not human, I'm telling you! Gosh, what an inspiring performance.
  • It's about cooking...
  • And blogging...(!!!) about cooking! :D
  • It's about happily married couples. People don't run off and have affairs. Sure, they have fights but the only couples that don't fight are dead ones. The point is, you don't bail! Bailing is not an option! And I absolutely love it when you see that in movies!
  • Oh yeah, I'm also totally a fan of Amy Adams! (Enchanted, anyone?)

So yeah, for those and many other reasons that I can't really get my brain to articulate at this insane hour, please watch this film! Totally awesome!

And now, I'm off to bed. Big day tomorrow, but more about that later! :D

Toodles!

2 comments:

anne said...

a total feel-good film! and i couldn't agree more about the butter! which reminds me, i really need to get to the gym....after christmas that is! :P

also, have you seen 500 Days of Summer? really good :) xoxo

Antara said...

i knew you'd love the movie!!
its got everything, amazing (and i mean AMAZING!) performances, food and happy stuff :).
will probably try my hand at cooking in a few days.