Another year gone by! It hasn't been all good. I mean, this year was a year of crazy things - the strike, swine flu, etc... but you know, even though some things seem terrible while you're actually going through it, when you look back, in retrospect, it's amazing... like all these threads just come together into a beautiful tapestry. It may not even come together just yet but I know that one day I will look back at some things that just didn't make much sense at the time and think, "ohhhh, that's why that happened!!"
Grace's visit to Bombay! (Jan)
Chrissy and Anna (and friends) stopping through Bombay (Feb)
Turning 21, Kala Ghoda Festival 2009, meeting Coco! (Feb)
At Sharan's place right after we finished our 2nd Year final exams! Vini and I went in the pool and made the rest jealous and they all promptly signed up for classes that summer! :P My first Earth Hour (March)
Exercising my right to vote for the first time!! (April)
Taking D up to Ooty, Easter in Ooty, bumping into some wonderful Hebronites in Ooty... just OOTY! (April)
The elephant called "Chandramukhi" who kindly let us take a ride on her back! This is her "blessing" me! Sweet! April. Thekkady, Kerala.Learning cross stitching :) (May)
Re-union with Taryn and Grace! And Skypeing with Tashu in the wee hours of the morning... (June)
Random and amazing conversation with the Librarian lady who was cross-stitching on an Andheri local train (June)
Becoming a member of the American Center Library. One of the 'happy places' I love to escape to in Mumbai! (June)
Watching two plays by Naseerudhin Shah's theatre group - Waiting for Godot and Ismat Apaa Ke Naam (II). (July and September)
The infamous "Teachers' Strike". Yeah, I'm actually being thankful for this... now. In itself it was terrible and at the time, I was fuming and whining. It taught me a lot and lead to a lot of amazing things. (August)
Meg's visit to Bombay and the unplanned rendezvous with Orville! (August)
Being "photographer" at Jo's performance in Chitrangada at the Nehru Centre ;) (September)

Planning and executing Surprise Birthday Parties. We're the best at it ;) (September, November, December)
Going for Arundhati Roy's book launch of "Listening to Grasshoppers" at the Townhall. She is one amazing woman and made me think about a lot of things... (October)
Tabulating the data we collected at Monisha's place, Nariman Point, Mumbai.
Me at Cafe Ivy. We ordered a bottle of wine, two plates of french fries and made excited conversation!
Our beautiful house in Bangalore one summery sunset... :) ...Phew! See what I mean? It's been a gooooooood year! :) And next year will be even better, I know it! It will be a year of BIG changes and it will be kind of scary because, hey let's face it, change is NOT easy. But it can be exciting and I can't wait to see what God has been planning all along! He never fails to surprise!
Here's hoping that He makes all things new for you this coming year!
Happy New Year! :D




2 comments:
The best post of 2009!! Happy to learn you have a collection of so many happy moments and more. May 2010 bring more joy and fun. Love you lots. God Bless.
I'm waiting for our next Ooty trip in summer!! Hopefully I'll be able to see the rose garden in full bloom!
Post a Comment