Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For Sharan :)


**Okay, so I wrote this like about a week ago!! But thanks to my stupid laptop freaking out on me I haven't had a chance to log on to blogger so this is kinda old, but I just HAD to post it**

How/Where to start?

So, as you probably gathered from Fbook/here, our exams ended on the 9th. Let's not even talk about how they went. The important thing is that they are now OVER and thankfully they don't count and if their only purpose was to at least get me started on studying if I'm counting on graduating in 2010, well they served their purpose :) and I will.

But moving on...

So my friends and I apparently get at our creative best during exam time. Seriously, you should read some of the smses sent between us on our study leave/exam days. They are hilarious albeit often absolutely nonsensical (For eg. From me to Jo: La la la la la la la la... Reply from Jo to me: La la dikchik dikchik la la la... (that's the remix version) You see what I mean?) And please please ask Vini to blog about the crazy things she does during exam-time :P

And one of the things we love to do is to plan what to do after exams. I mean, we have to have something to look forward to, right? (And it's definitely not the results :P) so when we're taking a break between studying (or perhaps more often, taking a break from taking a break :P) we'll be on the phone making plans...

This time though, we left Sharan out of the planning. Lol. Not because we don't love her (goodness knows we do!) but because it was her birthday on the 10th and so we wanted to do something monumental and make it a surprise for her. A two-in-one 'after exams and birthday partay'! So we got to talking and somehow decided on turning up at her place on the night of the 9th so we could be at her door wishing her 'Happy Birthday' at midnight and then we'd all just crash at her place for the night. Sounds pretty normal, right?

Sure. If she lives next door. But to really understand how freaking crazy this plan was you have to understand the dynamics between Bombay and New Bombay a little bit (see map). You see, Sharan lives in Vashi which is quite literally on another island. Sure, she comes to college from there everyday (I have so much admiration for the fact that you actually do that, btw) but we're talking going over to another island late at night. 5 girls and we have to figure out what to do with ourselves till midnight!

Anyway, so we coordinated with Sharan's mom (who is such a sweetheart!) and decided that we'd plan on reaching Vashi by around 9pm and then hang out and have dinner at one of the malls there (whichever one stayed open till at least 11pm!) and then head towards their apartment around 11:30pm.

To cut a long story short, it went off so beautifully! Words cannot fully describe...

We stayed up till almost 5am just talking, listening to music, laughing, moon-gazing from the balcony (they live on the 10th floor, so awesome!!) and then finally we all sort of collapsed in the wee hours of the morning.

Only to wake up again to some awesome homemade filter coffee! :D And then we all went swimming in the pool in their complex. That was so awesome! The last time we stayed over at Sharan's place, it was just me and Vini in the pool because the rest didn't know how to swim/didn't have their swimming costume but then the summer holidays happened and somehow everyone got themselves enrolled in swimming classes and so we were all together in the pool this time! So awesome!!

...ate delicious idlis for breakfast, showered and then headed out to a delicious lunch at Basilico in Bandra.

Man, talk about life... in abundance!!


















9 comments:

Sharanya said...

Happiness is a Yuppy Word, Tina!!

I still can't believe you guys actually did this. I have to look at the placards for that, to remind myself. That was THE most incredible bit, btw =) I will NEVER forget the whole Love Actually connection. It takes a friend to KNOW something like that :)

Sharanya said...

Ps: ...It's like I've waited my whole life for this one night/ It's gonna be me you and the dance floor/ 'cause we've only got one night...


For the girls :)

Sonal said...

*sighs*

Us.

We ARE as awesome as we sound in the post. :)

Sonal said...

LOVE the early morning pics!

anne said...

i LOVE swimming! and i tried to use the pool this morning at uni but it closed right as i got there because apparently the ceiling is falling down into the water! construction FAIL

i am endlessly jealous of your life! love to everyone, and your fab bombay lives!

Tina Nandi said...

@Sharan: :D
@Sonu: Haha, yes, we ARE :P
@Meg: Really? Thanks for telling me that, actually, I don't think I'm half as appreciative of my fab Bombay life as I ought to be!

Sharanya said...

Tina, you know, I agree about the Bombay life thing =)

bhavini said...

I love the pool explosion. And yes, will blog about the exam experiments in style, once I get the groove back :D

By far one of the most memorable day/night/days ever :)

bhavini said...

Didn't want to be the 8th comment. And yes, shut up. :P

I remember Sharan telling me how we got a pretty good glimpse of how it would be if we were to stay together. However, I think one laptop could pose to be a privacy issue :D :D :D