Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The world is not a small place!

Will be heading back to my Bombay-reality soon and I find it difficult to be joyful about that until I'm already there. Once I get to college and meet my ridiculously fabulous friends, I'll be all-okay! But for now, I'm kind of sad that the day is getting closer and I was feeling a little more bummed out than usual today because my laptop has been giving me a lot of problems and it's gone to get fixed but the guy is such a procrastinator and i'm getting kind of desperate. I mean, my granny doesn't have a TV and so my laptop is my only sort of connection to the world in a sense so I think that I NEED my laptop which is kind of scary because that's not really true. I don't NEED it. What I really need, I already have. But yeah, it's hard to always be at that place of realisation and I was definitely not there today...

But then I just got to picking up this thread of thought that I had yesterday about this holiday and just how I've been able to reconnect with so many of my friends (from Hebron especially)... made new friends in Bangalore at Radiance... Got to meet with Lambu.. twice! Spoke/chatted with so many friends thanks to the wonderful technologies of Skype, Gtalk, MSN, etc! I just got off the phone with Sakshi in Nagpur. Yesterday I talked to my dear friend and sister, Taryn in Delhi. The night before that I spoke to Natasha in the US. I got an awesomely long email from Grace in South Korea just updating us on what's been going on in her life over the last couple of months! I'm currently chatting with Niru in Australia. I spoke to Anjali and Gloria in Germany. John in the US. Meg in Canada. Alva in Sweden. Jugal in the UK. And the list goes on... And also I've added so many new people on Facebook! Now, i'm definitely not the kind of girl who's into the whole friends list rat-race but yeah, it's cool to make new connections and then realise how your new connections have connections with your old connections. You know what I mean? I'm not going to say the clichéd "It's a small world" because I've always sort of had a problem with that phrase because I don't really buy it. It's not really a small world and there are definitely not a small number of people living on the planet but somehow, we still manage to bump into the right people at the right time :)

And I'm so very grateful for that. Friendship is precious! And I feel really blessed by that today! It's one of those things that make my heart siiiiiing! ;)

And talking of singing, here's a song that I'm loving right now!


6 comments:

Ryan said...

I like the blackness :D

mrs. darling said...

LOVE this song, too! he sings another one i really like but the name of it is slipping my mind right now...

Dinah said...

Tina be positive!! And even if your laptop doesn't work, so what! You have a lot to look forward to by going back to Mumbai!!
1) The new church Taryn arranged!
2) Seeing all your friends
3) Watching avatar in the Dome theater!!!
4) Early morning train rides ;)
5) Cool weather, for now at least :)
5) Exam dates are fixed and you can start studying, so even if you don't have your laptop in working condition thats ok cos you have to study anyway ;)
6) The American library where you can get awesome books to read!! Much better than the internet :)
7) Ooty trip in May!!
8) Being a bridesmaid!!
9) Wine with the friends ;)
10) Coffee and blueberry cheese cake!!
11) New music
I could go on, but I think you get the picture!! If not let me know and I'll list out some more!

Tina Nandi said...

Lol! D, you are awesome! Thanks for that list... I'm going to write it down and keep reminding myself of it :P Love you!

Gautam Nandi said...

Love the "LOVE" in and around you. Love you. God Bless.

Jill said...

I've heard this song before, but never watched the video. So fun and creative. Thanks for posting it. I have a feeling my kids are going to love it!

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog! :)