Anyway, today we were at a friend, Monisha’s place working on a presentation that we have to do next Thursday and well, between all the hard work (:P) we were just sharing stories from our first days of college and how we became friends and it’s just so crazy! Where did the three years go? I mean, I think we’ve done a good job of milking our college life. We’ve done a lot of crazy things but it’s hard to believe that it’s all almost… over :(
I never quite understood why people used to say, “Oh college life is so great, you’ll never forget your college days…” I mean, yeah… but I think when I came here I had the arrogant presumption that nothing could beat my years of school. I went to an awesome school and those years were just so fantabulous. But now I GET IT!! School was great – no doubt about that (and I’m super excited about the prospect of maybe going back there one day!) - but you can’t really compare college life to that. It’s been the best on a completely different level and I’ve changed… Honestly. Sometimes, I don’t even recognize myself! It’s hard to describe but I have changed and I don’t mean to be cocky, but I’ve changed for the better and that’s not at all to my credit. I know… maybe this kind of sounds like an Oscar speech but I’ve just been thinking a lot about these things as college has started winding down…
You know what I wanted? I wanted to go the
BUT I got
The point is, that even though it's been a long journey and it's not what I initially wanted for myself, I think it's been the best possible thing. I like where I am now but I'm not so presumptuous to think that I've gotten where I need to get. I'm still a work in progress! ;)
So there are some random “deep” thoughts from the recesses of my brain for you!
Firstly, this is my "Mama-Dadu" and me!He's my grand-uncle and the closest thing I've ever had to a grandfather. Sweetest old man ever!
She did a role that she hasn't quite done before and pulled it off with absolute grace! So proud of you girlie!
We're all into sarees now! And we actually draped them ourselves for the first time! :)
Happy Weekend All! :D
2 comments:
Extremely Happy for you and glad for the validation of our joint decision. Love you and wish that you forge ahead with an open mind as always.
I am going to miss you so much.
Post a Comment