Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Chivalry lives!

Hmmmm, so I got conned into updating my blog to beta but so far I don't see any significant changes but whatever.
Wow. Its getting pretty crazy at home. Things sort of kicked into fifth gear once my mum got back and we realised how much we have to do and in so little time. Its less than a month away now. The wedding. Incase you were wondering. And I still am working on getting those applications over and done with. I'm getting a little tired of responding to the question, "So, what are you doing?" with "Uhhh, writing an essay." I'm almost done. Almost. I just have these two essays that I just can't finish. I don't know why.
I've been going a lot to the post office too. I used to hate it at first. Cause there's this one lady who sits there with a very stern face and the first time I met her she was as stern as she looked. But I think I've become somewhat a comical figure to her now cause she just sees me so often and usually I'm not sure of what I am doing. She even smiled at me today. Maybe she was smiling at my ignorance. Anyhow, it was much appreciated.
And then as I was standing outside the post office in the heat being continously rejected by the auto-wallahs a very old man with a kind face who was also posting a letter at the post office offered to give me a lift!! Now, THAT is unusual. I didn't accept his offer but it was a nice gesture. Seriously. When you think about it, NOBODY (in India at least!) does that! Unless of course they have the wrong intentions. And I believe this man was simply offering a nice gesture.
I try to make it a point to say Thanks to the auto guys. Sometimes I don't really mean it, but I say it anyway. Its weird, if there's anything I hate in Bangalore city, its the auto-guys and the passport office. But I realised today, that it really has nothing to do with them, but with me. Its my choice. I could get mad and fight, or I could just stay calm and assume the best. Its really my temper that needs to be dealt with and nothing else. I shock myself sometimes. Going out isn't easy. You have to wait around in the heat, in the pollution but its not that bad. It only is, when you assume the worst. There are good people in the world. Humanity isn't all rotten. And Chivalry still lives!
Build bridges, not walls.

P.S. Ignore all of that if it doesn't make any sense. I just had to write it down so it would make some sense to me!!

No comments: