I walked the entire stretch of MG road yesterday and if you've been to Bangalore you will know that that is a pretty good distance! I could feel it in my legs later on! The reason for this randomness was simply that I had to get from one end to the the other, I had the time and I could do with some exercise!
I went to church yesterday morning to St. Mark's Cathedral which is this really old church - and by really old I mean 1808 old! The service is nice there, a lot like St. Stephen's up in Ooty and it felt really good to go to church after so long. I needed it, badly...
So I got there early and I sat outside waiting for the 8:30 service to finish and the 10:30 one to start and listened to the singing inside. They sing all these old hymns and it sounds really nice and peaceful.
Anyway so it was over by about 12:00 and I had to meet my mum, brother, dinah and her parents at the Taj Residency at the other end at 1:00 so I decided to walk it instead of wasting 12 bucks on an auto and then waiting at the Taj for an hour which is not very favourable. The Taj is just so posh you feel scared to do anything really cause you feel like you're being watched and you might do something inappropriate!!
Anyway, so I had a good look at MG road. There's really nothing interesting, just some tall buildings that look not so welcoming, shops that look very welcoming at first sight and then you go closer to be able to see the price tags and quickly get out, traffic that's not so bad on Sundays but its still there, and pollution that is probably doing unseeable damage to your lungs.
Well, atleast I had a treat at the end of it: we were at the Taj to taste the food they will be serving at the reception which was absolutely delicious! Yum!
I went to church yesterday morning to St. Mark's Cathedral which is this really old church - and by really old I mean 1808 old! The service is nice there, a lot like St. Stephen's up in Ooty and it felt really good to go to church after so long. I needed it, badly...
So I got there early and I sat outside waiting for the 8:30 service to finish and the 10:30 one to start and listened to the singing inside. They sing all these old hymns and it sounds really nice and peaceful.
Anyway so it was over by about 12:00 and I had to meet my mum, brother, dinah and her parents at the Taj Residency at the other end at 1:00 so I decided to walk it instead of wasting 12 bucks on an auto and then waiting at the Taj for an hour which is not very favourable. The Taj is just so posh you feel scared to do anything really cause you feel like you're being watched and you might do something inappropriate!!
Anyway, so I had a good look at MG road. There's really nothing interesting, just some tall buildings that look not so welcoming, shops that look very welcoming at first sight and then you go closer to be able to see the price tags and quickly get out, traffic that's not so bad on Sundays but its still there, and pollution that is probably doing unseeable damage to your lungs.
Well, atleast I had a treat at the end of it: we were at the Taj to taste the food they will be serving at the reception which was absolutely delicious! Yum!
All content after stuffing our faces!

The bride and bridegroom to be with the DJ Ronny

Uncle Frank and Aunty Rachel (parents of the bride) giving ideas
No comments:
Post a Comment