I had wanted to watch that movie ever since I saw the trailers before I watched a movie in the theatre in Zambia! And that was a long time ago!! I finally did yesterday, just barely! I still can’t believe my “luck” After spending at least twenty minutes in the morning trying futilely to book tickets on the phone, I finally gave up after they put me on hold for about two minutes and made me listen to two songs and annoying recorded messages and decided I’d just have to try and get them at the theatre itself.
I landed at Garuda mall with some hopes as the ground floor at least looked a little scanty but lo and behold the theatre is jam packed! So I must stand in a long queue, tapping my feet, praying that the tickets would be available and by the time I get to the counter, bling, bling, the monitor shows that Happy Feet is sold out! GAH! So I get out of the queue, cause you really don’t want to be standing at the counter taking too long with a long line behind you, I call up Grace, who is on the way, and we decide we’ll get tickets for Monday. So get into the queue again… My turn comes and the guy says I can’t book three days in advance! DOUBLE GAH!
“PLEASE!!!”
Can it get worse!?!
But NO it gets good!! It gets very good!!!
“Why don’t you go for the current show? It starts in 25 minutes”
“Really? But I thought its sold out!! The thing shows its sold out…”
“Somebody cancelled.”
“I need two tickets, though!”
“Yup, I have two…”
“Good seats?”
“Right at the back…”
“I’ll have them!!!!!!!!!!”
Isn’t that nice!? I did my little dance of joy with the tickets in my hand and then waited for Grace to come up the escalator, told her the good news and then we did our little dance together and then she continued dancing cause she is ecstatic about finally getting her uni applications done!!!
To top it all off the movie was great! We both really enjoyed it and came out dancing from that two. Tap dancing at that! Its a Must watch. It’s wonderful.
We also bumped into Aeisha and Avantika on the street, who are getting ready to go to Goa for a big New Year’s blast with a bunch of other Hebronites… that’s gotta be crazy!
My New Year’s Eve will be the same as other New Year Eves… At home. Not that I mind.
We’re going for some Dinner Ball tomorrow. Sounds all Cinderella-ish. “Dinner Ball…” Thought those only happened in fairy tales. He he he…But there’s no handsome prince wishing to choose his bride. Thank Goodness. I have no idea what it’s like actually, but should be fun… I hope. My fam, D’s fam, some of my brother’s friends and Grace, all in our pumpkin turned carriage! Yes, I know, I am dry but I still crack myself up!! ;) And then Grace is coming to spend the night at home. PJ party, YAY!
Oh yeah, and a while ago I though I’d have a go at some freelancing and I wrote this article and submitted it to this online magazine, didn’t think they’d publish it but they did, couple of days ago. I read it again, and I thought it was pretty rubbish, should have let it sit for a while but whatever… you can have a look it you want…
http://www.hackwriters.com/nandi.htm
More later,
1 comment:
You're going to do some great things with the life you've been gifted with, insha'Allah. Tinu, I'm terribly proud.
Post a Comment