Anyway, I fell asleep this afternoon after reading for a while (Anne Frank’s Diary) and then at about 5:30 the phone rings and I ignore the calls cause I’m completely dazed and am under the impression that it’s the alarm and I’m so used to pressing the snooze button… That happened three times and by that time I’m a little more awake and then it occurs to me that it may actually have been a call because I never did put the alarm on! Sure enough, it was but I couldn’t recognize the number and didn’t call back.
Luckily, she called back herself. Catherine Chandran!! What a surprise. It was good to talk, took me a while to realize who actually was on the line, because I thought it was Grace at first and I was still half asleep!!
So that was the unexpected call!
It’s Christmas Eve. Yup, it’s a pretty normal day at home. No big difference. D and I planned on putting up a Christmas tree but as we are all procrastinators, we never actually got down to it. Next year.
So I hope y’all have a really really good Christmas wherever you are. May Christ be born in your hearts and homes this Christmas - This is the prayer I pray for myself.
Just wanted to leave with some lyrics from my newest Nicole Nordeman find that have been relevant to me…
Is it fair to say I was lured away?
By endless distractions and lovelier attractions then
Or fairer still, my own free will
Is the better one to blame for this familiar mess
I've made again
So I would understand if You were out of patience
And I would understand if I was out of chances
Your mercies are new every morning
So let me wake with the dawn
When the music is through or so it seems to be
Let me sing a new song, old things gone
Every day it's true, You make all Your mercies new
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment