So I am still a jobless gappy and at home, I was meant to start German classes today but they called me up yesterday evening and told me that the classes have been postponed! I was quite disappointed about that cause I was really looking forward to it but oh well, guess I'll just have to wait a little longer... They now start on the 16th of Jan and on the 15th I'm going for a Delirious? concert!!!! YAY!! I am so excited about that! Grace got the tickets day before yesterday and they only cost Rs. 250! Which is REALLY cheap for a concert actually.
Anyway, its still a while away that...
Meanwhile, I am not doing much at home, just the occassional cooking, I finished Anne Frank's Diary today and tried really hard not to cry, its tragic but still so full of hope... She really was one heck of a girl with a lot of courage, optimism, insight, willingness to see her bad aspects and more importantly do something about it and most of all faith. She died in a concentration camp, and we've all heard about how terrible that was, but a survivor who was there says this about her death... "Anne, who was already sick at that time was not informed of her sister's death but after a few days, she sensed it, and soon afterwards she died, peacefull, feeling that nothing bad was happening to her."
I've been going through some of my old photos and I put these two together cause I thought it was amusing... The two were taken almost exactly a year apart and look at the changes!! Of course one must consider that the first was taken on the Delhi trip where we practically lived on a bus for ten days and thus we all look a little haggard!
I love these gals!
No comments:
Post a Comment