I finally had my first class at Max Mueller Bhavan (MMB) today!!!
It was great! I've been blessed with a wonderful teacher, about 11 friendly classmates who are all there to learn German because they like German!! (Wow, like-minded people!!) And that really makes a difference, like no one is really there because they HAVE to be there but because they want to be there and so the atmosphere is enthusiastic and fun! I am very pleased!
At first glance my teacher looked really strict and most of my other classmates already knew each other cause they'd been in class together before but then Kalyani came, who I met yesterday, and we went into class, sitting together with the others sort of broke the ice and my teacher, Nupur is also great! She's funny and friendly and most importantly she's happy to be there teaching us which is great.
As it was my first class of German in half a year it was a little difficult tuning my ears into the discussions (and its ALL in German: No English spoken here, please!) but I'll get used to it. I'm probably the youngest in the class, actually, I'm definitely the youngest in the class and all the German I have learnt has been in a different system to the rest who have all come this far through MMB so it might pose some difficulty but I'm sure I'll be okay.
We didn't do anything heavy for our first class, just introducing ourselves and a little bit from the text book. The teacher took out a little ball which we had to throw around to each other and just say something about ourselves and by the time the ball reached the first person my heart was beating faster than normal!! Its a Nandi family trait I am told!! LOL But it was all cool; like I said, the atmosphere is warm and it was interesting hearing a little bit about everyone. There are two guys and the rest are all girls - actually saying girls is probably politically incorrect, they're all ladies! Atleast two of them are engineers, five of them have studied something to do with computers, two journalists, one teacher and one housewife - that's really politically incorrect, isn't it!? Home-maker I mean! ;)
So yeah! That was my first class! I had a good time and I was awake by 6:20! Impressive, huh? I was inspired by Grace. Its actually nice to wake up early, I just don't like the fact that its still dark at that time, hopefully as it gets warmer it won't be. AND, I also ate breakfast (SHOCK, HORROR!) I dislike eating breakfast but didn't want my stomach to be rumbling in class. Which reminds me, I should probably go and have lunch, or atleast try and figure out what i'll have for lunch. I think sandwich, it will be. Ham sandwich. Yup, sounds good.
Later,
No comments:
Post a Comment