Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, November 26, 2007

Garlands and such.

So the play was amazing and there was so much packed into this past weekend that it seems like I just got back from a holiday.

Anyway, about the play. Firstly, I was just soo excited. It's exactly the sort of thing I've been wanting to do for like ages - go out and watch a play. This play was at the NCPA (National Centre for the Performing Arts) at Nariman Point which is like the very TIP of Mumbai (after which you fall into the sea!) and was called 'FLOWERS' written by one Girish Karnad. The play only had one actor, an amazing set and yet he managed to paint this story quite vividly in the audience's mind describing how he is sort of suspended between worlds and he actually looked it - sort of suspended in mid-air. The synopsis of the play on the net says this: "
A dramatic monologue about a devoted priest who violates both his ‘dharma’ and ‘bhakti’ because of his love for a courtesan. Torn between his love for his God and his love for Chandravati, between his duty to the king and his duty to his wife – the priest tells the story of his life after matters have come to a head, and all his loves and duties collide on a single night."
We've started Choir practices for the Carol service in church. I went for the first practice yesterday and I just loved the songs. They were quite jazzy and the usual ones you hear every christmas which is nice. So I was at church pretty much the whole day and then we went for the play in the evening and then after the play we stood out in the street indecisively trying to decide where to go for dinner and basically cracking up for no reason and then finally decided on McDonalds and then after we hogged on burgers and chips every one dispersed on their ways back home... AH, what a fantastic day!

I really don't feel like I'm back in college cause I haven't really got much work and have been gallavanting around town quite a lot and I've already got my tickets to go back to Bangalore on the 20th!! I guess this is what the month before Christmas is like, we come back from Diwali break and then by the time we're really settled into college life - it's holiday time again!!

I do have to read a book and write a review on it for Sociology by Thursday and I have my interview tomorrow which I just want to get over with. I hate this waiting around in apprehension - well I'm actually not too freaked out about it right at this moment. Ah, whatever, I'll live.

More later,

No comments: