Actually less than a month till I go back home again! I decided to come back for New Year's though. Actually my friends bullied me into it! ha ha, No I'm kidding. There's some event happening in IIT Mumbai which is supposed to be really good so we'll all go for that together and I'm going to kill you all if you leave me alone on the 31st!! I swear. I wonder what New Year's in Mumbai is like. It'll be a first. Although, I keep having pangs of changing my mind. Like I just want to be home!! Anyway, I managed extend the holiday a little more on the other side cause the 21st of December is Eid and so I can leave on the 20th after college.
Yesterday was a looong day. We only had two classes and then we went out to lunch and this really neat restaurant called 'Samovar' which is hidden in the famous Jehangir Art Gallery. Good times. The food was great, the company was better and we had some good laughs and conversations. After lunch we checked out the paintings on exhibition in the gallery and also outside on the sidewalks (the side walk ones were actually better!). And then we also stumbled upon this other neat gallery which was sort of like a maze. It was amazing! It smelled great cause there were these huge candles in the front of the gallery shaped in the letters L-O-V-E. I loved it. The painting were amazing and it was seriously like being in a dream, like you'd discover something new around every corner which you didn't even notice the first time you walked past. I just don't have enough words to describe it.
We also went to an amazing music store called 'Rhythm House'. Have I mentioned that I LOVE this city!!
After all that, I met up with a friend from church and we headed over to Jogeshwari on the other side of the city on the train (crowded of course!) for the Hillsong London concert. Also this band called the Yeshua Band did the opening act and they were FANTASTIC! I just loved it. Most of their songs were in hindi and the lead singer -- oh-my-goodness. Hillsong of course was also great, but I couldn't stay for too many of their songs cause I had to get back to the hostel in time and Jogeshwari is quite far away. Anyway, glad I got to go.
I need a book to read!!! I finished 'The Pact' - It was pretty good. Didn't really like the ending.
I have a scary interview on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday. Not sure when exactly - I'll probably get to know tomorrow. Oh Lord, I hope I don't freak out too much. I'll tell you what it's about if I get through!! So if you want to know about it, you have to say a prayer for me! haha, bribery. No but seriously, I'll need some heavenly intervention on this one! I need it on everything really, but I just don't always admit it!
I'm listening to 'Dance' by Derek Webb. It's a song that he wrote for his Grandma. Really cute story to it.
"I wanna dance, I wanna snap my fingers all night long and dance. I wanna dance, move around the room, just like a woman in a trance. All night, I wanna dance. I wanna wrap my arms around your neck and dance. I wanna listen to the music that's ringing in my ears. Cause one day I'm gonna dance right outta here!"
I feel like taking out my Christmas collection already.
More later,
1 comment:
Wasnt that day FUN?! Oh and DO take out your christmas collection...
Post a Comment