Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Thursday, November 15, 2007

The will...

It's been a while.
Landmark is the new Crosswords. I think i've mentioned that Crossword is my favourite book-store. Well, I went to Landmark at Forum mall here in Bangalore yesterday and it wins -- hands down. They definitely have a much much larger collection and they're not scared to stack up and they have books on absolutely everything and I also like how they arrange the books...
I went to Forum to meet up with Rishi, my good ol' neighbour from back in the day in School. Ahh, we used to have so much fun and Rishi is just great. We had some good laughs and talked about College, Life, Boys, etc.
Anyway, after she left, I had some time and so I went to Landmark. Give me money and some time and a mall, and i'll find a bookstore to spend the money on! I would much rather buy a book over clothes anyday. But then I do have a genius of a mother who's been stitching a whole bunch of kurtis for me. I don't know how she does it, but she does it great.
Anyway, so I went searching for 'The Pact' and one of the guys at the store pointed me towards where all the Jodi Picoult books live and I looked and looked and they had every title except for this one. So I was reading through the back cover of 'Plain Truth' or maybe it was 'The Tenth Circle' and I look up and there it was --- 'The Pact' staring at me from the top shelve, for some reason separated from the rest. I gasped and smiled and made my way to the cash counter, also with a book on oil painting for my mom -- it's her newest hobby and she's pretty good. So I now have something to read on the plane.
I'll be on the plane back to the big city on Sunday morning and I'm trying to think of things to look forward to, so that I'm mildly excited about going.
1) Well, of course seeing everyone!
2) I'll be joining the choir at church for the Christmas service -- looking forward to that. Also means, I get to spend some more time with the folk at church and get to know them a little more.
3) Apparently there's a Hillsong concert on the 21st, but it's a Wednesday and it's at Jogeshwari so I really hope I can go. Provided the warden -- who lives up to every dreadful notion of that word, I'm sorry, I don't like here very much -- let's me go..
On the other hand, I'm gonna have quite a handful of stuff to do when I get back especially cause I just remembered last week that I was supposed to do some research for FC and I also haven't finished the water conservation data inputting thing. Oh blah. Sorry, this is probably gibberish to most of you. Basically, I'm gonna have to pay for my procrastination when I get back...

Take my dreams, come and give them wings. I am small, but You are big enough. I am weak, but You are strong enough. Take my dreams, come and give them wings. Lord, with you, there's nothing I cannot do...
-- Britt Nicole

2 comments:

Ajay Lee said...

What a coincidence, Monday morning I drive back to Kentucky for the holidays. Will post photos.

anne said...

"well", not "great"

And you with an English A-level!

I loved those kurtis! does she want to make some for me? hehe ;)