Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Alpenliebe

I've eaten too much today. I started off with a sandwich for breakfast and then a cheese dosa at around 10:30 while we were waiting around for our next class and then I had a smoky-panneer-and-cheese roll cause I couldn't bear not to eat anything at 'Wraps and Rolls' and then we went to an orphanage to 'celebrate' one of the sociology students' birthday with the kids and I popped an Alpenliebe, some cake and some other stuff and then I came back to the hostel and had soup, mashed potatoes, chana, naan and a banana for dinner. No wonder I'm getting fat! What can I do, Bombay offers good food!!
My interview went pretty good yesterday. It wasn't half as scary as I thought it would be. There were seven panelists and just all the waiting added to the anticipation. But the good - no the GREAT thing is that I was calm and I didn't freak out and my heart didn't start pumping for dear life like it was going come up and lodge itself in my throat and prevent me not only from speaking but more importantly from breathing!! (these things have happened to me before!) Thank you, God. :)
I was exhausted by the end of it though - as if my body had been preparing itself for a 'flight or fight' situation, using lots of energy in the process and thus I was pretty drained by the end of it! I fought though and didn't flee although I had considered it a couple of times ;) but not seriously. I'm really glad, I went through that. Give me any interview now and I know I can do it!
So there. Boo to you, fear! :P
I'm reading like three books at the moment which leads to, I'm not reading any of them seriously. I WANT to just read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' (Khaled Hosseini's second book; his first was 'The Kite Runner') but then I also have to do this stupid book review for Sociology. She told us the book could be anything but had to deal with a 'Social Issue' and "it shouldn't be more than four pages." Fan-bloody-tastic! I can't even decide what to write it on and it's due day-after-tomorrow. First I thought I'd do it on 'My Feudal Lord' by Tehmina Durrani - a book I read a long time ago and really liked at the time but then I took it out of the library again and I couldn't really stick to reading it - it's really not that great a book. It's horrible, the things that happened to her but it's not great to read.
So I got another book, called 'Survivors' which is a compilation of stories of kids who survived the Holocaust. Depressing, infuriating. I mean, it's really incredible (in a bad way) how low human beings can stoop. What I want to know is, how did Hitler manage to sleep at night? How did the thousands of people who followed his orders and support his ridiculous mission sleep at night? It's scary to think that you can actually kill your own conscience. Maybe that's the worst that can happen to a person... Is it easy to get to that point? Probably even the small things count. And it keeps piling on. Guilt on top of guilt on top of guilt.... on top of the door of the box containing your conscience until it can't open up any more.
Hmm, anyway, I better go and try and finish that book so I can START writing a book review on it!
But first to shower!
Later!


3 comments:

Sharanya said...

whoppee Tina! Hope you're better now :) See you tomorrow!

Tribal Kid said...

Oh mommy,
Dont make me teary like so... (sniff sniff) ;) JK na that was a sweet note... yeah i get u. And have 2 say the same for u... I'm always glad ur just that phone call away. Glad 2 hear u had funn a the parte as well...
I went for a parte of sorts 2. I went out yesterday... I was going 2 a film screening... like media studied studentz works... What was funny was they offered 2 organise trasport...so i thought i'd give Russ a break and get a lift with smone else... nd hahaha they organised for Russ 2 be my lift ;) we had a GREAT laugh about it. It started at 8... nd Russ texts me at quater 2 FIVE and asks me if i feel like going early cause he was in the city nd could drop by.... hahhaa 3 and a half hours early ???? lol... so we went 2 his place for supper... and played with his new Camera... which he had Just bought .... she is a BEAUTY.... It was awsome.. he was like a li'll kid with a new toy. He wanted 2 take it everywere with him... but decided not 2 cause he didnt have the case for it... that was at his parents house ;)
And the film night was a blast... it was a fund raiser.. nd we hung out.. and it was GREAt 2 b out of the house and around ppl.... plenty of ppl. And Mary-Anne came 2... so we had a great time just chattin... Ah... i donno the last couple days have been stellar. Things can only get better... Now i've found u (that is straight off the radio..hahhaha);) Look i have writen u another email of sorts but on ur blog ;) Just cant b bothered 2 go 2 my email inbox 2 write an email ;) so this will have 2 do for now. tc ... I'm Glad of u mommy..and LOVE U MUCHLY MUCH. Muah (slobery kiss)
Xx BIG HUG xX
Dotty

Anonymous said...

I love you! I just realized :)


Mit Liebe
Sharan