Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Monday, November 05, 2007

Things on my mind...

~I'm reading 'Salem Falls' by Jodi Picoult at the moment. She's good. She's really good. This book is better than 'Vanishing Acts' but not as good as 'My Sister's Keeper'. For a change we get to look at rape from the man's point of view. No - she doesn't justify it. It can never be justified but what happens when a man is wrongly accused of it? I've never given this much thought so I'm seeing a new perspective and I like it when books make me do that....
~After some time of wishing I could remember my dreams, I remember what I dreamt of last night and now I wish I didn't! Life!
~I met up with my good friend Doris this past weekend. We met at the MMB classes (German classes) and really clicked. At the moment she's pretty much my only friend in Bangalore so it was really nice to meet up and talk about everything - God, Life, etc!
~I only have like two weeks left of holiday! Meh. I'm in two minds on this one. I want to go back and see all my crazy friends (Sharan, Vini, Sonu, Joyee, Gauri and my darling roomie Dakshu!) but I so DO NOT want to go back to classes!! No surprise here about Economics especially! And also I don't want to leave home and the wonderful, cool weather and mum's cooking - yum!
~Pakistan in state of Emergency
Power in the hand of one man, is truly dangerous. It's horrible to see how the fundamental rights of people are being denied, people put behind bars for no reason. What does a man truly gain out of this mindless violence? How does he sleep at night?!?!? Reminds me of this verse... "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?" (Luke 9:25)
However, the cricket goes on! India-Pakistan first ODI today...
~ हिंदी - my blog can speak hindi better that I can! Maybe i'll be able to learn some this way. I really should...
~'Fiddler on the Roof' - I remember Tashu going on and on about this movie but not paying much attention to it. I finally watched it last week though and man, it's great! It's hilarious, educative, musical and one more must watch!
Anyway, those are a few things on my mind--
I'm off to watch the cricket and have some lunch--
Oh yeah, here's a picture we took on Sunday of all the cousins (and their better halves) that are here in Bangalore...
Toodles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay!!!! Jeez, I love the cover of Salem Falls..its such a nice name too..have to read it at some point.
at LAST, a pic of you!!!!!

You know, I want to get back o college too but not to classes (espFC!)..just to meet you guys!

Love ya.see you soon!

Sharan

ps-am leavin for Chennai tomorrow...happy diwal if I dont make it back in time :)

Tribal Kid said...

Tinu,
The li'll ones have grown sooo much... Oh and it makes me soo happy to c pics of ur family for some strange reason.... but they r all soooooo nice.And all ur couzes are CRAZY CATS ;)