Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Doctor's Prescription

“Just Chill!”

At the core, I really am a pessimist.

Things get to me very very easily. I’m super-sensitive and I cry very very easily – a lot like Bella in the Twilight series (which I am reading right now.) I feel the urge to cry not only when I am sad, but also when I am angry, or I want badly to express my views on something I feel very strongly about…

I’ve never really thought myself to be the kind of person who bottles things up. People who do that, irritate me infact because I know that as soon as they would just express it, let it out into the universe, they WILL feel better like a load is taken off their shoulder but apparently I am that person. I just keep carrying the load until I feel like I’m falling under the pressure and then generally it comes down to one major crying session where my insides seem to be crumbling and I want break something. When did I get to be that person? Have I always been that person?

Poverty and Pollution really bother me. It makes me angry. Really angry. And having to see it, experience it, feel it everyday on my long commute to and fro to college actually affects me more than I realize. I’ve learned to repress these feeling without even realizing that I’m doing it. But if you get into a serious conversation with me you will realize that these things will invariably creep in…

I’ve been having these revelations about myself over the last couple of days. Its been an interesting process.

I’m back!

P.s. I Have my personal internet connection! I have to admit that its INCREDIBLY slow. Reminds me of good ol’ Zamtel Dial-up in Zambia but what’s worse? Slow connection, or No connection?! I’ll survive. I can use it as much as I want for the next two months and not pay anything too!

3 comments:

Sharanya said...

?! ARE you a pessimist? I think you're just cautious. REALLY, REALLY cautious. Then again. I guess we never cease to suprise ourselves.

Missed you. Welcome back.

Sonal said...

Yaaaay to internet!!!
you can always get a faster connection later.

take care hon.....i cant tolerate college without you.

anne said...

welcome back to the 'tubes :)

I'm on dial up right now. grrrrrrr!

if it's any consolation I discovered last term that I am apparently some kind of (inconsistent) social hermit sometimes, I just don't want people and will try to be alone for ages

x