Good days consist of these:
~ A good book to read.
~ An empty train.
~ An seat on the bus.
~ Chicken Biriyani.
~ An episode of Roswell.
~ A DVD full of amazing music - Switchfoot, Taal, Dil Se, Joshua Radin, you name it. Thank you SO much Vini!
~ A boring class that gets cancelled.
~ A downpour of rain after two weeks of extreme heat.
~ Helpful salespeople.
~ Chocolate!
~ Lakme Strawberry facewash (I know I can be pretty vain sometimes!)
~ Good internet connectivity
But what tops it all is this:
~ Friends. Friends that you can talk to about almost everything under the sun. Friends who you can tell about your embarrassing confessions like, "Guess what, I'm wearing my skirt inside out," or "I forgot to brush my teeth today,"
or "My bra feels itchy," or "I'm sweating and stinking!!" or "I slipped on the mossy pavement and fell on my ass this morning." Most embarrassing things probably happen to me in the group btw. Thanks to my limited knowledge in various languages like Hindi and Bengali :) I say things like:
"Did Jodhaa say, Haan ji, or Ji haan when Akbar asked 'Kya aap humse mohabbat karte hain?'"
Me: "What is the name of the taxes they had to pay in the movie Lagaan?"
Sonu: "Umm... LAGAAN"
But this one is apparently everyone's favourite and they just can't get over it: I'm affectionately (well I hope its affection!) called "Piu" by the rest of the "gang" and one day amongst much flutter and hurry, I called Jo and said..."Hello Piu?!" I still don't think its THAT funny :P
Friends with whom you can endlessly talk about your "love-life" or in my case your non-existant one!
Friends with whom you can sit in a Psychology class and think of words that have the 'k' in third place.
Friends with whom you can plan surprise parties with.
Friends with whom you can experiment with or debate about experimenting certain things! ;)
Friends with whom you can be responsible with.
Friends who make you feel loved.
I am continually amazed at my good fortune - although I don't believe its "fortune" but the deliberate purpose of the One who looks out for me in amazing ways - that you guys are in my life. That you guys are my friends!
I know its not Friendship Day or whatever but to Sonu, Vini, Joyee, Antu, Sharan and Gauri - Thank you! For your honest ways, your kindness, your readyness to share and just for being you. College wouldn't be half as fun without you! :)
From Left to Right: Sonu (Sonal), Antu (Antara), Gauri, Me, Joyee/Jo (Namaha), Sharan (Sharanya), Vini (Bhavini)
3 comments:
Yehahahahahaah!!! I remember the Psycho game.. we are definitely doing 'm' tomorrow!
It's incredible how we've all come together so beautifully despite coming from such different places, with different experiences.. three thumbs up and an eternal wish to that :)
AWWWWWW PU!!!!! Damn, I wish I had something, um, more emotionally intellectual to say ;) Just spoke to Joey..she told me about how you both met the you-know-whos in Bandra today..the phone was ringing with AWWWWWs for the next 19 minutes :D
PS: I think she just says "haan" :P
damn it piu....i was in splits in the beginning of the post...and then i wanted to cry!
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.period.
and ummm....i dont know if im supposed to say thanks.....but thanks sharan. :)
she says "ji haan"!
Post a Comment