Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Say what you need to say...

Its been raining pretty much non-stop for the past two days. Ahhh, monsoons! Its really great. The grey skies are actually very beautiful and as long as I'm not in the rain, its aaaaallll good! Commuting in Bombay during the monsoons is not a fun affair - everything is dirty, and even though we have IITs pumping out thousands of engineers every year our trains don't quite manage to keep out the rain, infact if you're standing too close to the door you're likely to get drowned in a sudden waterfall if the door is open. Anyway, so I haven't bothered to step out of the house today. I slept till about 11:30am - that was really nice! Then I spent about half an hour bathing without the hurry and flurry of normal college mornings. Ate lunch, listened to a sermon by Ravi Zacharias (www.rzim.org), listened to music, watched "The Bucket List" which is a great movie btw, ironed my clothes and now hear I am! At some point I have to attempt studying for my Sociology test on Wednesday. Blech!

What's on my mind:

~ Three serial blasts, three cities, three consecutive days. I'm trying not to mull on this too much because it will drive me crazy. I have the tendency to become a little-old-worrying-lady sometimes and I'm not good at healthy amounts of detachment so this is hard. I'm not scared for my own life - living in Bombay means living with the risk of many things including riots, floods and bombs and we all know that but Bangalore?? Ahmedabad?? And now another city in Jharkhand or something. What's going on?? Its really scary to think about how warped these terrorists must be to actually think they are doing something "good". Whatever the reason, whatever the cause, this sort of terror is never, is NEVER good.

No comments: