Tina doesn't blog here anymore! Feel free to read the archives and read on at Free To Be Me!

Friday, October 31, 2008

The Hills Are Alive (Ooty Trip Part 4)

After the long train journey from Bombay to Coimbatore and breakfast with the bloggers we hopped onto a local deluxe bus which would drive us up the winding roads upto Ooty for a Rs.60/= We were pretty impressed by this cause we were expecting it to cost more... We voluntarily sat three to two seats on this journey - I'm not sure why. We did pay for 5. I think it started with wanting to take a photo or because the view was good on this side and then we just stayed that way till we reached Ooty... Here's the part that baffles me. I lived in Ooty for 5 years while I was at school at Hebron and I've done this road-trip... let's see ummm atleast 8 times each year - once up after the summer holidays, down during the ten-day break in october, up after the break, down for the christmas holidays, up again after the holidays, down during the easter break, up after the break and then finally down for the summer holidays. Yeah, that's 8 So 8 times 5 - that's about 40 times! Plus the couple of times that I went up after I graduated - add another four. 44. And yet until I went up again this time with Jo, Sonu, Antu and Sharan somehow it was like I was noticing how gorgeous those hills are for the first time...


civilisation meets nature
beautiful waterfalls in the mountains
walking in the clouds

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Question : Do you study photography?

The three midgets pic is nice. ;)

And, do you really have to ask a person before you put them on your blogroll? :O

Tina Nandi said...

I wish.

Well I actually didn't ask BEFORE I put you on the blogroll - i was just letting you know! :D

I'm not sure what to respond to "The Three midgets pic is nice" comment. Lol. Thanks? I guess. :P